Mechanic Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (all shifts)|
|Location||Skokie, IL, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is looking for a Mechanic Technician who will maintain efficient and safe operations of all equipment, machinery, and building facilities to support the DRIV manufacturing plant.
Complete duties of an advanced technical or mechanical nature that require specific training, licenses, or certifications.
Notify the Operations Supervisor of any occurrences that negatively impact production.
Adhere to safety, health, and environmental guidelines.
- Applicants should have completed a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess work-related experience (preferred)
- Identify process and equipment inefficiencies and suggest improvements.
- Locate, troubleshoot and repair breakdowns of machinery and other equipment to reduce production downtime. Make repairs and updates to the building facility including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, and painting.
- Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled and pursuant to work safety requirements. Complete job safety checklists and take appropriate action to ensure safety for the equipment and building.
- Promptly report quality problems and shut down the equipment or operational area if unable to resolve them.
- Provide technician support to manufacturing maintenance and repair. This includes the areas of Robotics, CNC, Tooling, Wire EDM, Facilities, Mechanical, Electrical, Machine Operations, or Tool and Die. Must meet specific training requirements to complete assigned work.
- Other tasks and assignments consistent with knowledge and training
Initial Duties Summary-
- This will include repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment, such as conveyor systems, machine tools, metal fabricating machine tools, lubrication systems, and production equipment.
- Bending – Regularly required
- Climb/Balance – Frequently required
- Crouch/Crawl – Occasionally required
- Handle Materials – Regularly required
- Kneeling – Occasionally required
- Lifting – Continuously lifting objects weighing 5 lbs. – 40 lbs., frequently lifting objects 40 lbs. – 60 lbs., occasionally lifting objects weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Manipulate Objects – Regularly required
- Standing – Regularly required
- Stooping – Regularly required
- Vision – Ability to see objects up close or at a distance, in color, adjust focus, and use peripheral vision regularly.
- Clean and Air-conditioned environment
- Competitive Vacation Time and Holiday Pay
- Employee Discount programs
- Generous 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance on day one
- Professional Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.