Website Allied Reliability
Mechanic Technician I Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanic Technician I|
|Location||Knoxville, TN, United States|
Allied Reliability provides asset performance management across the lifecycle of production assets to deliver required throughput at the lowest operating cost while managing asset risk and achieving environment, social, and governance objectives.
The company is recruiting a Mechanic Technician I who will be responsible for evaluating how mechanical equipment is operating in the production process, at the facility or building, troubleshooting problems, replacing old equipment, and installing new equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 1 year of relevant manufacturing-related mechanical experience
- 2 years of mechanical and technical training are preferred.
- Assist in planning jobs
- Complete-time allocations sheets indicating man-hours worked.
- Cut and weld metal materials, i.e. stainless steel, cast iron, steel, and aluminum.
- Direct other employees when required
- Identify issues and take corrective measures to fix problems with mechanical and electrical components.
- Inspect, disassemble, troubleshoot, repair, reassemble machinery and equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, and rolling stock.
- Operate forklift truck and position, maneuver, or transport equipment.
- Paper mill maintenance and operations knowledge beneficial
- Perform basic computer functions including the writing of work orders and cross-referencing stock room information.
- Perform environmental inspections/calibrations as required.
- Read and interpret blueprints and manuals.
- Take a leadership role in projects with other employees.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- Basic knowledge and skills with respect to hydraulics, pneumatics, reading hydraulic schematics, fabrication, cutting with a torch, welding, precision measurements and geometric tolerances, inspection gages, and layout procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, must be a self-starter, and require little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of bearings, belts, chains, sprockets, pumps, valves/precision alignment of motors and couplings.
- Must be able to operate hoisting and lifting devices and set up machinery.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, install, align, dismantle and repair industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime.
- Must have the ability to communicate in verbal and written form and must have basic computer skills
- Proficient in the use of basic hand tools, drills, grinders, impact wrenches, saws, welders, torches, forklift trucks, bobcats, high lifts, pick-up trucks, drill press, lathe, milling machine, bench grinders, bridge cranes, hydraulic presses, volt-ohm meters, amp probes, volt tester and all other plant equipment and machinery.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Successful completion of general mechanical skills testing
- Willingness to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Willingness to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, stooping).
- Willingness to wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, hard hat, 6” top leather steel toe boots, etc.).
- Willingness to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment.
- Willingness to work in a tobacco-free environment.
- Working knowledge of Piping, Welding
Allied Reliability is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit alliedreliabilitygroup-staffing-jobs.icims.com.