Website Teknor Apex
Mechanic Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||Fountain Inn, SC, United States|
Teknor Apex is one of the most ethical, customer-connected companies in the material science industry. The company has six specialty divisions, Vinyl, TPE, Nylon, Colorants, Chemicals, and Garden Hose.
The company is looking for a Mechanic Technician to join its team.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field needed.
- Must be 18 years of age to work.
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of related experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fabricate parts, weld, cut, and install metalwork.
- Have and maintain proper hand tools.
- Have general knowledge of boiler room/facilities equipment such as boilers, pumps, de-aerator, control rooms, air compressors, chiller, dryers, pneumatic controls, valves, and HVAC.
- Install service and repair all equipment in a timely manner.
- Install, maintain and repair piping systems.
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout the plant and shop.
- Operate a forklift, scissor lift, and jenny boom.
- Operate maintenance shop equipment.
- Perform equipment PMs and complete work order documentation.
- Plan and organize individual work.
- Read and interpret documentation such as drawings, manuals, and technical bulletins.
- Service, replace, and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical devices.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment including pumps, motors, compressors, conveyors, blowers, dust collectors, fans, filters, heat exchangers, tanks, valves, gearboxes, extruders, and other production equipment.
- Understand and follow all safety procedures.
- Use an electrical tester to safely check power, fuses, breakers, and switches.
- Other duties and related responsibilities as required.
- Color vision (the ability to identify and distinguish colors) is required.
- May require the occasional operation of a company truck/vehicle; valid driver’s license required.
- Requires operation of a fork truck, scissor lift, and JLG.
- 401k w/company match
- Dental and Vision
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance
- Medical w/prescription drug coverage
- On-Site Medical Clinic
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Service Recognition
- Tuition Reimbursement
Teknor Apex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any protected status under state or federal laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.teknorapexcareers.com.