Website Hubbell Incorporated
Mechanic/Toolroom Coordinator IV Job Highlights
|Mechanic/Toolroom Coordinator IV
|Leeds, AL, United States
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. HPS is engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes and has been actively growing that segment of the business.
The company is searching for a Mechanic/Toolroom Coordinator IV who will be responsible for converting 2-D drawings to 3-D models and designing fixtures for efficient operation, programming, setup, and production verification of programs.
Responsible for continuous improvement in improving run time and moving items from manual to CNC machining centers.
Capital project management is another key part of the role with responsibilities from concept through production release and support.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- 3+ years of Inventor or SolidWorks 3-D modeling experience
- Experience with Programming, setting up, and running CNC Machines
- Proven experience Writing G-code
- Analyzes and evaluates current programs and setups for efficiency, productivity, and cost-effectiveness.
- Choose the most efficient methods of manufacture, understand the time and equipment required, and interact with technicians, designers, and engineers to suggest design improvements for manufacturability/machinability
- Collaborate with other Engineering personnel and other applicable departments to ensure the proper design collaboration and prototype implementation.
- Develop and maintain encouraging, professional relationships.
- Fixture design and setup, work holding design, toolpath programming for CNC milling machines, CNC machine operation, and other manufacturing operations.
- Prove outs and make improvements to current processes as well as processes that are unproven
- Provide production and maintenance support to ensure equipment reliability and utilization.
- Provide training as necessary to the production and maintenance team.
- Set up and operate CNC mills and lathes with a high degree of proficiency.
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries/affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.