Website Martin Marietta
Mechanic/Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Denton, TX, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Mechanic/Welder who will work with the plant maintenance team to provide maintenance, repair, or installation services for plants.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have prior welding work experience in the related areas.
- Assists in training of co-workers as needed
- Communicates timely and effectively with the Plant Coordinator and Production Supervisor to keep them informed about major problems.
- Communicates/directs co-workers through hand signals and two-way radio
- Demonstrate good knowledge of lockout/tag-out procedure required during certain procedures
- Install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing, and electrical systems following specifications, blueprints, and manuals
- Maintains parts inventory
- May make service calls at other plants as needed
- May operate mobile equipment
- Perform welding, repair, and fabrication
- Performs daily inspection of machinery and equipment at the plant
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record, and inspection on service vehicle to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed
- Performs data entry on all services performed
- Performs general clean-up of work area
- Repairs/replaces wear items as required
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures
- Services pumps/motors as needed
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to diagnose the cause of malfunctions
- Perform other duties as required
- Ability to perform well in a team environment
- Ability to teach
- Must be able to read blueprints and mechanical diagrams
- Must have knowledge of crushing, screening, pumps, material handling equipment, and all related major systems in order to troubleshoot or anticipate system problems
- Must have knowledge of plant maintenance and welding
- People leadership skills and ability to follow direction and lead by example
- Read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to operate foot pedals with both feet
- Ability to operate hand controls with both hands
- Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, operate mobile equipment, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching
- Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 100 feet.
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather
- Ability to use vibration tools
- Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels.
- Ability to work in cramped quarters.
- Lift objects of various dimensions and weights
- Normal depth perception, vision, and ability to distinguish color
- Employee Discount Program
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.