Website Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
Mechanic Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Las Vegas, NV, United States|
|Company||Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority|
Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority is the official destination marketing organization and operates the Las Vegas Convention Center. The LVCVA brings visitors to Las Vegas and Clark County by promoting tourism, conventions, meetings, and special events.
The company is looking for a Mechanic Welder who will ensure the timely execution of the tasks associated with the Fleet shop and the overall maintenance of the facility, support of remodels, and Capital and small projects.
The Mechanic-Welders make positive contributions to the comfort of fellow ambassadors throughout the facility as well as the customer experience to the building’s visitors.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Certificate or Associate’s Programs in Automotive Technology or related fields (desirable)
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of skilled mechanical or welding maintenance experience
- Adheres to the correct protocol in the performance of assigned work by taking the appropriate precautions prior to initiating, during, and at the completion of tasks, wearing the designated PPE, and advising of any irregularities. Attends weekly and monthly safety meetings.
- Assists in maintenance and repair of operable walls and freight doors and welding shop.
- Conducts annual fire door drop testing in coordination with inspectors.
- Conducts preventative maintenance on emergency generators to agitate diesel fuel on a regular basis to minimize the chance of algae growth.
- Drives motor vehicles, electric and gas-powered carts. Operates forklifts, boom, knuckle, scissor, and man-lifts to maintain and repair the facility beyond the reach of a ladder.
- Ensures fuel levels are optimal on backup generators and light standards.
- Performs skilled bench work using various hand and electric tools such as hammers, wrenches, saws, screwdrivers, table, miter, welders, radial saws, routers, drills, grinders, fastener guns, and other tools needed for the repair and maintenance of rolling stock, air walls, freight doors, etc.
- Performs welding to fabricate brackets, hangers, shelves from drawings, and parts that can no longer be purchased. Creates custom parts such as cart racks, safety ladders, ramps, etc.
- Provides mechanical skills to ensure all vehicles, carts, and equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, tractors, pallet jacks, etc. are maintained in a safe and operable condition by doing periodic and preventive maintenance. Diagnoses mechanical problems and makes proper repairs to vehicles and a variety of mechanical equipment.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, and drawings to assess existing configuration/design determining the best method of repair.
- Retrieves daily assignments, collects data, and notates work-related data such as labor hours, materials, equipment utilized, and PPE-worn for inclusion in the CMMS (Maximo). Reports any follow-up work needed into Maximo.
- Seeks out parts, methods of repair, and best practices via the Internet and available training. Recommends improvements, changes, or new techniques and procedures for mechanical and welding tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate an aerial lift at heights more than 50 feet
- Basic knowledge of computer and software skills with Microsoft Office Suite and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) required (experience with Maximo preferred)
- Must be able to work in a team environment, be self-driven, reliable, and responsible
- Must exhibit creativity in the fabrication of parts and equipment
- Understand and work from building drawings and/or schematics, including electrical
- Working knowledge of safe work methods and practices
- Working knowledge of use and care of tools and equipment
- The individual must have the mobility to work in a typical engineering setting, e.g. in and around office buildings, commercial facilities, and/or exterior grounds that house electrical equipment and wiring, HVAC equipment, and plumbing fixtures including hot, cramped spaces such as electrical and mechanical equipment rooms.
- They must be able to walk, stand, kneel, crouch, climb, reach, balance, crawl, have the dexterity of hands and feet.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to distinguish color, size, shape and temperature; work in high, precarious places and in all climates.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to obtain an OSHA certification to operate forklifts, aerial lifts, scissor lifts, and other vehicles in the department
- Completed certificate in automotive technology or related fields desirable
- Must have a valid Nevada driver’s license at the time of appointment and must maintain during course of employment.
- Annual Step Increase
- Deferred Compensation (IRS Section 457)
- Insurance – 100% Employer Paid
- Nevada Pers Retirement Program
- No Social Security Taxes Withheld
- Paid Holidays
- Personal Time Off
- Voluntary Insurance – Employee Paid
Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.