Website Vicinity Energy
Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Oklahoma City, OK, United States|
Vicinity Energy is the largest provider of district energy solutions, offering energy investment, infrastructure, and management to municipal, commercial and institutional customers with mission-critical energy needs.
The company is hiring a Plant Mechanic who will be responsible for maintaining and repairing all equipment, piping systems, valves, and machinery associated with the Company’s operation facilities.
The Plant Mechanic reports to the Plant Manager.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in steam or equipment operations and maintenance or related experience.
- State of Oklahoma High-Pressure Boiler License
- 6G Welding Certification
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by assisting in preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Exercise caution in the use and maintenance of all company equipment
- Identify, report, and/or correct unsafe work environments
- Install, repair, replace, and troubleshoot plant equipment to include piping systems, valves, taps, pumps, and boilers.
- Maintain safe working conditions in accordance with established Company policies
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Operate all hand/power tools in a competent manner
- Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Required to qualify Boiler Operator and Plant Operator
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of boiler and chilled water plant operations
- Universal Refrigerant Handling License
- Ability to climb vertical ladders up to 50 feet
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to and including 50 pounds
- Ability to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test
- Ability to tolerate heat in an industrial production plant environment
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as boilers, tanks, and manholes
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by Company’s vehicle insurance carrier
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Vacation
- Commuter Benefit
- Competitive pay and incentive programs
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance Program
- License Reimbursement
- Matching 401k Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit us61e2.dayforcehcm.com.