Website Form Energy
Mechanical Design Engineer Job Highlights
|Mechanical Design Engineer
|Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Form Energy is a technology and manufacturing company that develops and commercializes pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy.
The company is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with expertise in tooling design and manufacturing line sustainment; and a strong background in component manufacturing, dimensional inspection, tooling design, and process development using Six Sigma methodologies.
Requires a detailed approach to validate and deploy tooling, modify existing tooling, and design pneumatic systems to support manual to fully automated assembly lines.
Play a crucial role in ensuring the efficiency, reliability, and quality of our manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field from a College/University
- Advanced Degree (a plus)
- Proficiency in CAD software for 3D modeling and tooling design, with experience in additive manufacturing techniques.
- Experience with pneumatic system design, integration, and specialized fixturing for precision applications.
- Proven experience in tooling design, component manufacturing, dimensional inspection, quick prototyping, 3D printing, and Poka-yoke methodologies.
- Develop and implement dimensional inspection protocols to ensure product quality, adapting methodologies to unique manufacturing requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, adapting tools for precision applications like welding, resin delivery, and trimming systems.
- Lead the design and development of precision tooling and tooling systems with pneumatic function, incorporating Poka-yoke methodologies for enhanced reliability.
- Troubleshoot tooling-related issues promptly and implement modifications.
- Utilize CAD software for tooling design, ensuring compliance with industry standards and leveraging advanced manufacturing techniques.
- Utilize metrology equipment and statistical analysis for maintaining tight tolerances in manufacturing processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to addressing manufacturing challenges.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations related to tooling, manufacturing processes, and advanced manufacturing technologies.
- Strong background in process development and Six Sigma methodologies, adaptable to agile development environments.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options granted to all employees
- Company sponsored 401k
- Access to an annual budget for professional development
- Employee Resource Program
- 100% employer-sponsored coverage life insurance, short and long-term disability policies
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision premiums covered for employees
- Health insurance coverage begins first day of employment
- Generous vacation policies
- Access to a Health Savings Account
- Access to mental health counseling services
- 80% of the total medical, dental, and vision premiums covered for dependents
- At least 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and up to 20 weeks for birthing parents
- Access to a Health Flexible Spending Account
- Access to a Dependent Care Account
- Access to a Commuter Benefits Account
- Access to an Adoption Assistance Flexible Spending Account
Form Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.