Website ARC Specialties
Mechanical Design Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
ARC Specialties is a robotic and automation manufacturer. The company designs and builds automated manufacturing systems and custom equipment for joining, cladding, and other applications. ARC Specialties has been the supplier of choice for engineering services, systems integration, service, parts, and training.
The company is searching for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will design and detail mechanical components, systems, and complete machines under the guidance of engineering management.
The designer is responsible for the integrity, quality, and proper operation of designs from concept through manufacture, assembly, test, and field installation.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology with automation experience, obtained from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 3 or more years of demonstrated successful design of custom automated equipment.
- Constant customer and vendor interaction and user manual creation
- Create parts, assemblies, and detail drawings under the direction of project managers and customer
- Maintain accuracy of machine documentation that is necessary for manufacturing release. This includes but is not limited to: bills of material, part drawings, assembly drawings, schematics (air/hydraulic), and layout drawings.
- Provide engineering technical support to the production team during the build and commissioning of your machines
- Responsible for the accuracy of designs and the quality of the final detailed part drawings
- Knowledge in the use of electrical devices (i.e. sensors, switches, load cells, servo motors, DC motors and drives, LVDT’s, etc.)
- Knowledge of all welding processes is a plus
- Knowledge of common machine shop techniques is required
- Must be capable of designing mechanisms and machine components from sketches or verbal concepts
- Must be capable of taking direction and following through with assigned tasks
- Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude to get assigned tasks completed accurately and on time
- Must have a thorough knowledge of drafting principles per ANSI-Y14.5 dimensioning and tolerance
- Must possess good written and verbal communications skills and work well within a dynamic professional team
- Possess creativity and excellent problem-solving abilities for custom turnkey automated equipment.
- Practical skills in troubleshooting and general problem solving
- Proficient in 3D modeling and design Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks
- Proven track record of design-to-schedule and team-oriented design skills, as well as a basic knowledge of industry best practices, tools, and technologies
- Skilled in the application and implementation of pneumatic actuators, solenoid valves, etc.
- Affordable Medical Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Free Accident Reimbursement Arrangement (ARA)
- Free Basic Life Insurance/AD&D
- Free Long-Term Disability
- Matching 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Time
- Vision Plan
ARC Specialties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.arcspecialties.com.