Website Hubbell Incorporated
Mechanical Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Somersworth, NH, United States|
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of residential and non-residential construction, industrial, and utility applications.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. HPS is engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes and has been actively growing that segment of the business.
The company is looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for the design, development, and manufacturing support of high-volume electromechanical products.
The applicants participate in the overall mechanical development of Aclara products, from enclosures to integration of PCB Assemblies, wire and cable routing, mechanical interfacing and mounting, as well as supporting structural components.
Participate in the development of project plans including establishing requirements, schedule and cost, testing, assigning responsibilities to team members, review/evaluation of mechanical designs and components, and other deliverables produced by the team.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent from a university or college.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of related design and development experience with preference to the high-volume electronics industry.
- Analyze, evaluate and correct problems found in new or existing products at local or remote manufacturing facilities and at customer locations.
- Create manufacturing documentation such as BOMs, change orders, control records, and manufacturing test specifications.
- Design analysis for manufacturability, reliability, and maintainability.
- Design to cost analysis and tradeoffs for high-volume products.
- Ensure all designs exceed requirements of governing agencies (e.g. FCC, UL) and must be capable of listing with these agencies where applicable.
- Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) on components, designs, and products.
- Interact in a multi-disciplinary team environment to achieve the best possible product from all functional viewpoints.
- Manage projects as a hands-on employee using technical and administrative skills to oversee and complete engineering projects.
- Perform/validate mechanical stress analysis and mechanical tolerance analysis.
- Proficient in developing unique concepts and designs to support new and existing products using 3D CAD (i.e. SolidWorks).
- The designs should support high-volume manufacturing and meet all product requirements.
- Ability to communicate technical and design information to stakeholders in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Competent in working with Microsoft Office and related software operating on a Windows platform.
- Experience with designing for manufacturability/assembly.
- Knowledge of various component forming processes (Injection Molding, Sheet Metal/Stamping, Casting, Forging, Machining, 3D printing, etc.) and assembly processes (Electronics Assembly, Welding, Fastening, Automation, etc.). Experience with the design of plastic components, material selection, and hard/soft tooling.
- Optimize enclosure design to hold electronics (weight, dimensions, other specifications, etc.)
- Proficient user of mechanical design tools and software (CAD, FEA, etc.), and tolerance analysis. Working knowledge of ANSI GD&T. SolidWorks platform preferred.
- Self-starter, comfortable working both independently and in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Hubbell Incorporated (its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hubbell.com.