Mechanical Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Suwanee, GA, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
NSI-MI Technologies is the world leader in the design and delivery of state-of-the-art measurement systems used to verify the performance of cutting-edge microwave communications devices.
The company is searching for a Mechanical Engineer to join its mechanical engineering team that designs precision positioning solutions for use in state-of-the-art antenna and radome measurement systems, as well as other specialized applications.
Typical mechanical engineering activities include concept development, machine design, structural analysis, documentation, and test and system verification to ensure predictable and safe operation.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering from a university or college (required)
- Master in Mechanical Engineering (desired)
- The candidates should have 3-5 years in machine design in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Able to lead the development of mechanical products assuming full responsibility for the execution of activities including costing/scheduling, design, analysis, and engineering documentation. Technical competence in structural analysis and machine elements is essential. The candidate should demonstrate leadership potential.
- Experience with the design and selection of machine elements used in precision drive mechanisms including bearings, gearboxes, position feedback/encoder, and servomotors are highly preferred. The candidate must also be familiar with the fabrication and integration of positioning systems and be able to optimize designs for manufacturing.
- Analytical skills of interest include classical strength of materials, static, dynamic, and thermal analysis of structures. The candidate should have a working knowledge of aluminum and steel weldment design practice with an understanding of human safety factors. Familiarity with the product safety certification process, including CE marking is a plus. The candidate needs to have a strong aptitude for problem-solving with good organizational skills. The candidate must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Regular communication and presentation with key customers will be required.
- 3D Computer-Aided Design of complex mechanical systems, Solid Works Preferred
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance.
- Demonstrate understanding of classical statics and strength of materials
- Design of machine elements (Bearing, Fastener, Gearbox, Motor, Gears, etc.)
- Design of machine to optimize closed-loop servo performance
- Generate detailed drawings per ANSI Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Knowledge of finite element structural analysis, including calculations of stresses, safety margins, buckling margins, and modal analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Strong engineering fundamentals
- Track record of complex product and system development
- Understanding of precision machine shop and welding practices
- Weldment design and drawing per AWS D1.1, D1.2 or similar standards
- Machine design, hands-on machine assembly, and onsite machine installation experience.
- Product and complex system development experience
- This position requires approximately 10-20% domestic and international travel.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit 188100.jobs2web.com.