Website Sensata Technologies
Mechanical Engineer Job Highlights
|Attleboro, MA, United States
Sensata Technologies is an innovator in mission-critical sensors and controls designed to make the world cleaner, safer, and more efficient. Mission-critical means products that are essential and difficult to do.
The company is seeking an individual who can be responsible for supporting the mechanical design of manufacturing assembly and test equipment. The position will support internal company needs for new equipment and provide support for existing equipment located in global manufacturing sites. The position will be involved with projects from concept development to delivery of completed equipment.
The applicants should have passed a university degree (i.e. Bachelor’s degree) from a welding school.
The candidates should have 0-2 years of experience.
- Assists with static, dynamic design, and analysis of electromechanical components
- Coordinates failure analysis investigations and engineering evaluations
- Possess a strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles, materials, mechanics, fluid, thermal, and heat transfer
- Participates in feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. Work closely with support personnel (technicians and drafting teams) in the preparation of detailed technology selection, conceptual design, detail design, and prototyping
- Perform design verification on original and/or derivative design by collecting empirical data through experimental methods. Manipulate and synthesize the data to make design recommendations based on the testing
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong communication skills; oral, written, and presentation
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Knowledge of robotics, vision inspections, control pneumatics, high-pressure test pneumatics, thermal control systems, hydraulics, various manufacturing processes such as resistance/laser welding processes, pressing, soldering, crimping, heating, etc. are all a plus.
To apply for this job please visit sensata.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.