Website Lockheed Martin
Mechanical Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Moorestown, NJ, United States|
Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services.
The company is looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will support Mechanical Engineering tasks for Launchers and Weapons programs in Moorestown NJ and assemblies across various platforms in the Integrated Warfare Systems and Sensors business.
The candidate will support more senior subject matter experts and drive both the heritage launcher program, and also the next generation of launcher and weapon systems.
- The prospective applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a college/university, or other relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
- They have a strong foundation of technical principles, theories, and concepts, with history of continual development as an engineer.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in mechanical design engineering
- Previous DOD experience is desirable
- Working experience with PRO/E or CREO applications
- Creating Design Concepts with oversight and leveraging prior successful work
- Creating highly manufacturable weldment designs and drawings with callouts in accordance with governing military specifications for weld joint design, weld efficiency, and inspection.
- Design for Manufacturing including optimizing designs for in-house and supplier manufacturing capabilities and efficiencies, including additive manufacturing
- Maturing Design Concepts through layouts, details, assemblies, part and material selection through to final design models and drawings including collaboration with stress, dynamics, thermal, fluid/gas dynamics, RM&A, and Safety engineers
- Working Knowledge of weld shrinkage effects, weldment fixturing, and types of welding processes desirable.
- Knowledge of computer design tools, especially CREO, and experience working in a design for a manufacturing environment are desirable.
- DOD and/or US Navy Development Experience
- Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office applications
- Launcher and Weapon System Experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Working experience with NASTRAN and/or ANSYS applications
- 401(K)/Retirement Plans
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain DoD Secret Level Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.lockheedmartinjobs.com.