Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Mechanical Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Cedar Park, TX, United States|
|Company||National Oilwell Varco (NOV)|
National Oilwell Varco is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
NOV Wellbore Technology is looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will primarily involve in the development and maintenance of products for M/D Totco Surface Products.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a college/university.
- The candidates may be required some previous work-related experience.
- Become a technical presence in the team and engineering organization by contributing to new concepts, product design reviews, and be an owner and drive the execution of your technical tasks
- Become knowledgeable of our Manufacturing capabilities and Quality processes
- Contribute to the development, analysis, testing, validation, commercialization, and ongoing support of designs for all MDT surface product lines: industrial sensors, gas detection, data acquisition, controls. Including supplier selection, test development and process support, prototype assembly, product testing, first article inspection, and manufacturing and supply chain support.
- Develop a deep understanding of our diverse business, customers, products, and processes
- Field Testing and Design Validation of products on customer industrial works sites: rigs, offshore platforms, and drillships
- Improve the brand name by developing the best in industry products by advancing technology and reliability of current product offering
- Integrate into a talented team that is responsible for the key product lines for MDT
- Take a calculated risk, learn from every experience, and share your knowledge
- Use your skills to make NOV an industry leader by developing new products and product enhancements fast and making improvements to our methods to improve efficiency
- Work closely with our designers as well as manufacturing, mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to create product documentation at the detail, assembly, and system levels using 3D/2D CAD and document management tools and processes
- Work with project managers to accurately estimate individual work efforts, support overall project planning, create defining technical project documentation, manage the risk of the project
- Ability to model dynamic system responses using classical or numerical methods
- Ability to read, interpret, and draft drawings in accordance with ASME Y14 Standards
- Experience deriving load paths and free-body force diagrams for mechanical components and systems
- Experience in design for manufacturing processes including machining, sheet metal fabrication, castings, welding, and assembly
- Familiarity with GD&T
- Flow/Thermal Analysis experience with CFDesign or similar is beneficial
- Managing documentation of complex assemblies and large bill of materials
- Product lifecycle management
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks or Creo (Pro-E)
- Skilled using commercial FEA for structural analysis and modeling (Creo Simulation, SolidWorks Simulation, or Ansys Mechanical) as well as hand calculations for model verification
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.