Mechanical Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||San Francisco, CA, United States|
Astranis predominantly builds small, low-cost telecommunications satellites. The company is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. It is building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
The company is searching for a Mechanical Engineer who will design, analyze, test, and build spacecraft parts, processes, and mechanical systems.
Applicants must have a strong analytical background as well as hands-on skills and an enthusiasm for novel design.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a college/university or Equivalent
- Mastery of Mechanical CAD
- The candidates should have experience with spacecraft, mechanisms, or composites; that is a plus but not required.
- Electromechanical design experience
- Experience in designing in a vacuum environment with large temperature swings
- Experience with composite structures
- Experience with mechanical and/or thermal FEA
- Experience with vibration environments
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Design, analyze, procure, assemble, and test primary structure, bracketry, and mechanisms for Astranis spacecraft. Components include composite and metallic parts and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing techniques.
- Develop requirements for components and systems including loads, interfaces, and functional requirements.
- Integrate parts and systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team, and document and develop procedures to improve the build process in the future.
- Perform mechanical and thermal analysis for spacecraft systems
- Demonstrated fundamentals with mechanical and thermal analytic abilities; FEA experience is not required but preferred
- Passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Astranis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for the jobs regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.