Mechanical Engineer (End of Line Testing) Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Engineer – End of Line Testing|
|Location||Mountain View, CA, United States|
Nuro is a fast-growing company leading the development of robotics and consists of an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. It believes AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology.
The Robots Hardware organization is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join End-of-Line (EOL) Engineering team with the main mission of developing, deploying, and supporting a large fleet of autonomous vehicles.
The position will develop and support End-of-Line test equipment during robotic vehicle production, ensuring and enforcing parametric selection criteria across stages of building up the autonomous vehicles.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from a college/university or related field (or foreign equivalent).
- The candidates should have 1 to 5 years of experience in Mechanical Design (preferably robotics, automation, or electro-mechanical systems)
- Hands-on experience using machine tools (e.g. mill, lathe, MIG welder) for prototype development.
- Build, maintain, calibrate, and operate a wide variety of electrical and mechanical characterization tools.
- Collaborating with the testing team; provide written documentation of procedures and setups with strong attention to detail.
- Deploy and support test equipment, both internally and at suppliers. Travel to support design/production/supplier teams as necessary.
- Develop and automate end-of-line testing equipment involving vehicle chassis components, sensors, and actuators.
- Investigate issues found during the development and deployment of EOL testing equipment. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing teams.
- Work with internal and external teams to design and manufacture custom mechanical parts, including fixtures and tester enclosures
- 3-D CAD proficiency
- A diverse understanding of materials, electronics, electron-magnetic interference, and manufacturing technologies (e.g. CNC, stamping, injection molding, die casting)
- Good communication skills; experience working with suppliers.
- Skilled in hands-on troubleshooting issues. Excellence in technical documentation.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills
- Experience with automotive or robotics is preferred.
- Experience with vehicle harness design is a big plus.
- Proficiency in interpreting wiring electronic diagrams and mechanical drawings is a plus.
Nuro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit www.nuro.ai.