Mechanical Engineer II Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Engineer II|
|Location||Scottsdale, AZ, United States|
Axon is the global leader of connected public safety technologies. The company stands for protecting life, protecting truth, transparency, and accountability. Axon’s mission from the start has been to make the bullet obsolete, reduce social conflict and ensure criminal justice systems are fair and effective.
The company is hiring a Mechanical Engineer who will be part of a critical team that ensures life-saving technology and support the equipment, processes, and personnel in the manufacturing facility.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a college or university.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of practicing mechanical engineering of mechanical systems, devices, or fixtures
- Must have experience in Solid Works
- Daily use of Solid Works
- Develop acceptance testing for each assigned automated machine
- Develop all mechanical engineering CAD, Drawings, BOM, I/O
- Follow Axon Design Procedures and Best Practices
- Machine Engineering of automated-assembly equipment
- Provide functional solutions to assignments, stations, and machines while adhering to scope, committed schedule/resources
- Work collaboratively across multiple departments
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Industrial-automation machine engineering experience
- Machine build and integration experience such as SCARA, 6-axis Robot, Laser Engraver, Ultrasonic Welder, Servo Motors, Pneumatics, Linear Motion, Rotary Dial, ESD Mitigation, Machine Vision, Conveyance, HMI, Vibratory Bowl Feeder, etcetera
- PLC programming and Studio 5000
- Simulation tools such as Solid Works Simulation and Flow
- The employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, ambient temperatures, close quarters, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, exposure to vibrations and industrial lighting, etc.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, push, carry, etc. For 8 hours at a time
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. unaided
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs
- Ability to grasp and use small parts
- Ability to occasionally kneel, crouch, bend as required to perform tasks
Axon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex, breastfeeding, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.