Website BWX Technologies
Mechanical Engineer/Tool Designer Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Engineer/Tool Designer|
|Location||Lynchburg, VA, United States|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
The company is looking for a Mechanical Engineer/Tool Designer to join its team.
- Applicants require a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (preferred)
- Internal candidates with a Physics Degree who are already on the Engineering Ladder are also eligible.
Preference will be given to candidates with a Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Must possess at least 4 years of related experience
- Prior experience in programming with Solid Edge Design Suite (preferred)
- Proven experience with developing equipment specifications, equipment installations, and vendor tracking/auditing (highly desired)
- Tooling design for assembly manufacturing and welding experience is highly (preferred)
- Assesses equipment and oversees upgrades, repairs, and installations to minimize production impact.
- Assists engineering with development projects to provide new methods and equipment while maintaining shop throughput.
- Communicates and collaborates with all levels of the organization, customer representatives, and production control.
- Coordinates with hourly personnel and management to establish project goals and priorities.
- Provides mechanical engineering and tooling design support for daily production operations, equipment improvement projects, new technology implementation, development projects, and updates/retrofits.
- Provides recommendations for the safe and efficient operation of production manufacturing/inspection equipment.
- Supports day-to-day activities for existing equipment and welding applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is required
- Must be able to demonstrate superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) clearance
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.