Website DEKA Research and Development
Mechanical Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Manchester, NH, United States|
|Company||DEKA Research and Development|
DEKA Research and Development Corporation provides designing, engineering, manufacturing, and quality services that led to creating innovative solutions and advanced technologies.
The company is looking for a mechanical design engineer to participate in the development of innovative medical devices. The candidate is expected to be very self-sufficient in handling multiple sub-assembly designs simultaneously.
The applicants should have a BS, Mechanical Engineering Degree program from a welding school.
- The applicants should have 3+ years’ experience of designing products
- Experience designing dynamic systems with electro-mechanical devices is a plus
- Must have experience with finite element analysis and tolerance analysis
- Experience designing medical equipment is a plus
- Must have experience producing engineering drawings and fundamental GD&T knowledge
- Must have experience taking projects from design to production and the ability to describe personal contributions to each of the products
- Coordinate with others in a multi-disciplinary team environment including electrical, software, industrial design, and controls
- Evaluate designs through prototype testing and requirement verification
- Generate creative solutions to design problems and demonstrate their viability considering factors such as risk, reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, weight, and cost
- Set an excellent example of mechanical engineering practices and provide a level of mentorship to less knowledgeable engineers.
- Technical review and approval for all mechanical component and assembly designs, analysis, and testing
- Transition concepts into products using 3D CAD Solid Modeling, defining requirements, selecting materials and processes, interacting with suppliers and manufacturers, and documenting the development process
- Troubleshoot design failure modes to root cause and develop quick, effective solutions
- Must be able to work in an open group environment
- Proficient user of Solidworks or other comparable CAD software
- Demonstrated experience designing parts using a variety of manufacturing methods, i.e. machining, welding, injection molding, forming, forging, casting
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Be able to learn quickly in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.dekaresearch.com.