Mechanical Engineering Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Engineering Technician|
|Location||Austin, TX, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is looking for a Mechanical Engineering Technician who will report directly to a cross-functional engineering team responsible for developing new equipment.
Applicants will have the opportunity to contribute to both process development and continuous improvement of the equipment.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 3 or more years of experience building and/or maintaining production automation equipment.
- Experience with high-speed and continuous motion machinery is preferred.
- Experience working on and troubleshooting a wide variety of mechanical systems and components; motors, pumps, valves, cams, cylinders, conveyance systems, etc.
- Ability to operate, maintain & troubleshoot complex, continuous motion manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to use metrology equipment for measuring and analyzing products.
- Collaborate with operations, process, and equipment engineering, maintenance, quality, EHS, and other teams to improve process performance.
- Ensure process stability and quality of products produced.
- Escalate issues to shift supervisor/manager and quality team when necessary.
- Help develop, draft, and update related manufacturing instructions following improvements made.
- Perform complete equipment overhauls and reassembly as necessary.
- Recommend and implement process improvements.
- Strict adherence to company policies regarding safety and conduct.
- Support engineering activities including process and equipment validations.
- Train and provide support to associates on equipment operation and processes.
- Ability to accommodate some shift work and overtime.
- Ability to safely lift, pull, push, or otherwise manipulate up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to use a wide variety of appropriate hand & power tools as necessary.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, understanding of GD&T a plus.
- Follow all aspects of maintenance safety protocol (LOTO, 5S, Arc Flash, etc.)
- Good working knowledge in basic material fabrication processes (milling, turning, welding, 3D printing, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are necessary
- Very good understanding of short-term fixes vs. long-term improvements.
- Very strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Some aspects of this job can/will be physically demanding, requiring working in tight spaces, walking and/or standing all day, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing ladders, and lying on the ground intermittently throughout the day.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.