Website Blast Cleaning Technologies
Mechanical Field Service Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Field Service Technician|
|Location||Philadelphia, PA, United States|
|Company||Blast Cleaning Technologies|
Blast Cleaning Technologies specializes in shot blast equipment and process solutions. The company brings new and innovative solutions to the manufacturing industry.
The company is searching for a Mechanical Field Service Technician who will provide mechanical and technical service to customers regarding inspections, maintenance, service, repairs, rebuilds, and upgrades to all types of blast equipment.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- 1-2 years of mechanical experience
- Welding, plasma, torch, and rigging experience (preferred)
- Ability to travel 80+% of the week, mostly driving, including overnights.
- Ability to work extremely flexible hours and weekends as required.
- Act as a resource for new product offerings.
- Complete all documentation in a timely manner as required.
- Helps drive and support BCT’s Culture and Core Values
- Installation and start-up of new equipment.
- Lending mechanical and technical expertise to our customer base.
- Provide training to customers on equipment.
- Providing inspections and follow-up reports.
- Rebuilding, maintaining, repairing, and upgrading all types of blast equipment.
- Responsible for expense management and service revenues.
- Support Sales staff.
- Troubleshoot system and equipment issues.
- Basic mechanical knowledge and aptitude concerning industrial manufacturing machinery.
- Proficient computer skills
- Proficiency with measuring tools such as tape measure, calipers, feeler gauges, optical level, angle finders, levels, etc.
- Expert knowledge of hand/power tooling and proper function/usage
- Proficiency in reading blueprints.
This position requires regular driving. All prospective employees must have a valid, unexpired driver’s license. will be required to undergo a physical evaluation. An “Unacceptable” driver is any driver whose Motor Vehicle Report includes any of the following violations (during the most recent 3-year period unless otherwise stated)-
- Felony involving the use of a motor vehicle
- Speeding 20 or more over the posted speed limit
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DWI/DUI) in the last five years
- Driving with an open container
- Driving with a suspended or fraudulent license
- Reckless driving
- Passing a stopped school bus
- Leaving the scene of an accident (hit and run)
- Vehicular homicide/manslaughter
- Aggravated assault with a motor vehicle
- Eluding a police officer
- Drag racing
- Operating a motor vehicle without the owner’s permission (grand theft auto)
- Permitting an unlicensed or intoxicated driver to drive
- 2 or more moving violations or at-fault accidents in the last year.
- 3 or more moving violations in the last 3 years. This includes-
Speeding less than 20 mph above the speed limit
Operating while registration is suspended
Failure to yield right-of-way
Careless or inattentive driving (including texting or cell phone use)
Running a red light or stop sign
Improper or excessive lane changes
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and employees of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills and customer relationship management skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Occasionally required to sit, twist, turn, stoop, bend, push, pull, squat, crawl, kneel, climb, balance, reach above shoulder, rotate forearm, and use foot/feet to operate machinery.
- Regularly talk and listen, stand, walk, and drive.
- Frequently complete repetitive hand and wrist movements.
- Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds and maneuver several hundred pounds a short distance.
- Frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently use material handling equipment, such as forklifts and cranes.
- This job operates in a factory environment.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is often loud enough to require hearing protection.
- 401k matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Bonus Program
- Shift Premium
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Blast Cleaning Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit bctus.isolvedhire.com.