Mechanical Foreperson Job Highlights
|Valemount, BC, Canada
Ledcor Group of Companies is one of the most diversified construction companies, serving the building, heavy industrial, civil and infrastructure, mining, pipeline, power, and communications sectors. Ledcor also owns operations in aviation, forestry, marine transportation services, property investment, and wastewater treatment.
The company is recruiting a Mechanical Foreperson who will oversee our heavy equipment fleet on our pipeline project.
Coordinate the repairs and preventive maintenance with our heavy-duty mechanic service team to ensure project construction efficiency.
The individual is a team player who helps out when needed.
- Applicants must be an Interprovincial Red Seal or Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- The current CVIP license is an asset
- Must be willing and able to obtain valid PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training), First Aid Level C with CPR, Professional Driver Improvement Training, and Ground Disturbance Level 2 certificates. Training provided.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in pipeline construction or similar experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a heavy-duty mechanic supervisory role
- Must have experience maintaining and repairing D4-D8 Dozers, 25-45 ton Excavators, Hydraulic Sidebooms, highway trucks, trailers, and various other pipeline equipment
- Assist in diagnosing faults or malfunctions and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes
- Forecast and coordinate the required preventive maintenance of any on-site project heavy equipment, as well as any unanticipated repairs
- Interpret work orders, and technical manuals and write service reports
- Maintain working maintenance scheduling documents
- Organize the ordering of any required heavy equipment parts and consumables
- Schedule required equipment inspections
- Work collaboratively with project construction superintendents
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide a valid abstract
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Camp based accommodation
- Site based position
Ledcor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ledcor.com.