Mechanical Inspector (Welding/Fabrication) Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Inspector – Welding/Fabrication|
|Function||HSE and Quality|
|Location||Hanover, MD, United States|
Oceaneering is a trusted subsea connection specialist and pushes the frontiers of deep water, space, and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve the challenges. The company sorts out solutions for the most complex subsea challenges and develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers.
The company is recruiting a Welding/Fabrication Mechanical Inspector who will be responsible for the successful execution of Quality Control inspections for manufacturing welding and fabrication processes.
The position will report to the QC Supervisor.
- The applicants should have either a High School Diploma or AA Degree in a technical program.
- Current certification in either MT Level II, PT Level II, or Certified Welding Inspector. (AWS, ASNT-TC1A)
- The candidates must possess a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience performing the following:
-Demonstrated proficiency in welding processes: GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, etc.
-Perform in-process oversight inspections per applicable AWS code (joint prep, fit-up, final inspections) and other specifications as specified on engineering drawings.
-Perform weld inspections using weld gages.
- Assist the Level III Weld Inspector to assure that the welding program is maintained and robust.
-Experience in the use of common hand gages (micrometers, calipers, thread gages, etc.).
-Experienced in documenting inspection results.
-Experienced working in an ISO9000 Quality System environment.
-Generation of NCRs and necessary follow-up.
-Interaction with Engineering, manufacturing, program management when required.
- Assure compliance with applicable AWS quality and welding codes.
- May perform Receiving, In-Process, Visual and Final Inspection and Testing of machined parts, assemblies, and fabricated product.
- May perform Vendor Source Inspections of welded structures.
- Overtime may be required to support manufacturing processes.
- Perform Quality Control inspections of fabricated and welded structures.
- The ability to accurately generate inspection reports that capture the inspection results of drawing specifications is imperative.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- The ability to learn NDT inspection methods and earn certifications as outlined below:
-Achieve CWI certification within 2 years of hire
-Basic understanding and application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing IAW ASME Y14.5
-Complete and pass MT and PT Level II inspection training within 6 months of hire.
-Experienced with the operation of Browne and Sharp DCC CMM utilizing PCDMIS Software
- Experienced with the application and use of PCDMIS CMM Software
- Perform assembly inspection of complex parts and systems.
- Proficiency in using Laser Tracker and associated control software.
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings and specifications
- Ability to solve problems and work independently.
- This position requires US Citizenship.
Oceaneering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
To apply for this job please visit careers.oceaneering.com.