Website L3Harris Technologies
Mechanical Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Philadelphia, PA, United States|
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea, and cyber domains.
The company is searching for a Mechanical Inspector who will lay out, set up, and perform a wide variety of floor and bench inspection operations on all types of materials, parts, sub-assemblies, and products.
The position will work under the general guidance of a supervisor.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Check items for surface and mechanical operating features.
- Detect drawing errors and refer these and other unusual conditions to the supervisor.
- Inspect at any stage of manufacturing as assigned, such as receiving, cut-off, layout, first-piece, parts production, sheet metal, welding, sub-assembly, heat treating, finish, final assembly, etc.
- Maintain records for all inspections per the applicable procedures.
- Make exacting, close tolerance measurements using precision instruments, gauges, surface plates, optical comparator, profilometer, indicators, gauge blocks, sine bar, rotary table, hardness tester, and special measuring devices.
- Mark parts and prepare inspection reports in accordance with established procedures. Maintain required records and charts.
- Recommend inspection techniques for best practices to achieve specified requirements.
- Set up inspection equipment for use by others, when required, and instruct them in its use.
- Use a personal computer and related interfaces, as required.
- Use provided drawings, methods sheets, applicable procedures, and specified standards and make necessary calculations.
- Work with and direct lower-rated employees.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Medical with High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctor’s service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and your parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance – $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day – wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and your parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees
L3Harris Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit careers.l3harris.com.