Website Howmet Aerospace
Mechanical Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Maintenance Technician|
|Location||Martinsville, VA, United States|
Howmet Aerospace provides advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, and forged wheels for commercial transportation.
Howmet Structure Systems is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance operation and preventative maintenance of manufacturing equipment within the plant.
- High School Equivalent or GED and 3 years of relevant maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment OR
- A relevant 2-year Technical Degree with 1 year of related experience.
- Experience and skills with bearing maintenance and replacement.
- Experience and skills in lubrication practices and principles.
- Experience with power transmission systems (gearboxes, couplings, chain drive).
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures and ensure compliance with all safety and quality processes.
- Completes required daily paperwork and make computer entries.
- Conduct all preventive, predictive and general maintenance on machine tools and equipment, including pneumatic and hydraulic systems and verify functionality before returning to production.
- Installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of tapered, cylindrical, spherical roller and sleeve bearings.
- Possess the following skills at the professional level: welding, machining, mechanical/millwright, MIG and TIG weld, Pneumatic and Hydraulic repair, machining skills and basic electrical circuit knowledge including fuse replacement, small motor replacement.
- Practice/understand rigging fundamentals to change out large components.
- Repair and troubleshooting of reducers and gearboxes.
- Review blueprints and manufacturing manuals to determine the preventative maintenance schedules and required maintenance. As well as develop, utilize, and train others on job specific preventative and predictive maintenance programs. Provide support and offer guidance to cross-functional team members
- Strong learning aptitude required, ability to learn quickly and work in a team-oriented environment
- Take ownership of equipment and areas including all housekeeping activities.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic circuits
- Work is performed throughout a heavy industrial facility. Potential hazards include high heat applications, proximity of moving machinery, noise, heavy lifting, working at heights, in pits and in confined spaces. Understand and perform lockout/tag out, fall protection, confined space, and other safety related procedures.
- Work on tasks outside of the job description as directed by Management for training, emergency relief purposes, production needs or continuous improvements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints.
- Must have basic computer skills to create work orders, complete work orders, plan work, identify parts, and locate spare parts using a computerized maintenance management system after training.
- Must have strong math skills including reading fractions and decimals.
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills.
- Qualified candidates must be able to pass a background test, physical and drug screen.
- Strong professional experience and understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally works in wet or humid conditions with fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is loud and the employee will be required to wear hearing protection.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Howmet Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit emhl.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.