Website Collins Aerospace
Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer|
|Location||Windsor Locks, CT, United States|
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. It has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges.
The company is searching for a Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for determining mechanical manufacturing methods for hardware and ensuring that the processes are available.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree from a college/university and 2 years of prior relevant experience
- In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- Candidates must have 2+ years of experience (less experience will be considered) working on the manufacture of complex mechanical systems. Experience must include working on the manufacturing of components such as heat exchangers, pumps, fans, or pressurized accumulators.
- Candidate must ensure processes and procedures comply with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety requirements as well as all the applicable quality requirements.
- Candidates must provide technical support to the manufacturing facility as well as to the external suppliers.
- Candidates will create manufacturing assembly documentation, concepts tools, provide technical assistance, in order to assemble high-quality, high engineered hardware for us in space applications.
- Candidates will present to senior management on various topics, be involved with, and implement additional initiatives such as ACE, Process Certification, Manufacturing Process Reviews, Lean Manufacturing, and EH&S projects. Candidate must possess a positive attitude and be able to communicate well with staff, IPD teams & management.
- Must be able to perform cost estimates, work to schedules, and write procedures and policies.
- Must be able to review drawings and concepts and resolve producibility concerns.
- Must be able to work well in an integrated product development/design environment.
- The job involves working on the manufacture of complex mechanical systems, manufacturing of components such as, heat exchangers, pumps, fans, pressurized accumulators and other hardware related with life support systems.
- Will support failure investigations, determine the root cause of failure and implement corrective actions and disposition of non-conforming hardware, all in support of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment and experience in using any type of publishing software.
- Experience with an MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) system is desirable.
- Familiarity with a modeling and/or design package such as ProE, Creo, NX, Catia, SolidWorks (Creo Parametric is desired).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, machining concepts, additive manufacturing, and special processing, such as welding and brazing, is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Continuous improvement methods (ACE or the DMAIC model) and demonstrated use of their tools is desirable.
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Redbrick – Incentives for a Healthy You
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Tuition reimbursement
- US Person is required – This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA guidelines. Candidates will be subjected to drug and alcohol testing as per NASA’s regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug-Free Workforce.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.collinsaerospace.com.