Mechanical Supervisor (Pipeline) Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Supervisor (Pipeline)|
|Experience||1 or More Years|
|Location||Selkirk, NY, United States|
CSX is a premier transportation company. It provides rail, intermodal, and rail-to-truck transload services and solutions to customers across a broad array of markets, including energy, industrial, construction, agricultural, and consumer products.
The company is recruiting a Mechanical Supervisor (Pipeline) who will manage the quality repair of rail cars and inspects rail cars for defects and unsafe conditions within a train yard and on the line of the road.
Ensures that the work is performed safely according to CSX Transportation (CSXT) safety rules, and is compliant with the Association of American Railroads (AAR) and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) regulations.
Effectively implements best practices in safety, budget, quality, and production, and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement within assigned area of responsibility.
Manages self and others assertively. Handles conflict and solves problems as they occur. Encourages others to work cooperatively
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s Degree or 2-year Degree
- Possess 1 or more years of supervisory experience in Mechanical Operations
- 1 or more years of supervisory experience in transportation, logistics, rail operations, business/strategic management, skilled trades (building/construction, electrical, mechanical), or the military
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4-year Degree
- 3 or more years of supervisory experience in transportation, logistics, rail operations, business/strategic management, skilled trades (building/construction, electrical, mechanical), or the military
- Coach, develop, and train others to achieve desirable results. Assume the role of the Senior General Foreman in their absence.
- Conduct safety observations and observational tests to ensure compliance.
- Develop and prioritize daily shop and yard strategies.
- Eliminate, control, and communicate hazards and safety issues within the shop and yard, elevating for resolution as necessary.
- Execute and communicate the safety plan outlined by the department, shop management, and safety committees.
- Facilitate thorough safety and job briefings to promote safe practices and proper procedures for completing assigned tasks.
- Forecast staffing, scheduling of personnel, and material requirements to meet business objectives.
- Manage activities of car inspection, train yard, and line-of-road ensuring that required work is performed to meet CSXT, FRA, and AAR standards.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
- Association of American Railroads (AAR) and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) Regulatory Standards
- Basic mechanical concepts
- Develop and coach others with accountability for the safety and performance of others
- Implement work within the designated budget and operational parameters
- Mechanical Operations
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Available to report to work with two-hour advance notice
- Different shifts as assigned in a 24 hour/7 days week operation (incl working weekends)
- Work flexible days/hours as dictated by business needs
- Work outside in all weather conditions
- Work with equipment that intensifies the heat factor
CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit fa-eowa-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.