Website C&W Services
Mechanical Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Cedar Rapids, IA, United States|
C&W Services helps the clients to drive down facility operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and uptime, make strategic business decisions, and create a positive occupant experience.
The company is seeking a Mechanical Technician who will perform mechanical services, millwright work, and other skills as required.
Possess strong working knowledge of all of the following precision alignment, rigging, welding, blueprint reading, mathematics, and preventive/predictive maintenance (required)
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- No, any work experience is revealed for the position.
- Assigned tasks list to include, but not limited to repairs and preventive maintenance on pumps, conveying systems, piping, heat exchangers, power transmissions, and other power-driven rotating equipment.
- Assist in formulating preventive maintenance standards/work procedures while performing those duties and provide work order feedback on discrepancies noted in service delivery.
- Employees will perform any and all other duties that are assigned by the responsible supervisor.
- The expectation of task completion ranges from task completion without supervision to task completion with the ability to direct and train other team members, reliant upon assigned tasks and employee development.
- Repairs and preventive maintenance to be performed in conformance with established standards.
- Team members must be able to work and direct personnel in a team-oriented and safety-conscious environment. “Safety First” expectations include, but are not limited to, the PJHA process, Observation process, and compliance with all company/site safety guidelines and procedures.
- This position requires the employee to work without supervision.
- Works from elevated areas such as ladders, platforms, scaffolding, etc. utilizing fall protection equipment as necessary to complete tasks
- Must be able to operate and have knowledge of simple and complex heavy industrial equipment such as forklifts, scissors lifts, basket trucks, and skid loaders
- Must be able to use hand tools on a daily basis such as power tools (hand grinders, saws, impact wrenches, drill press, and hydraulic pullers), and rigging equipment. Also perform welding, using a cutting torch as required
- Must have the flexibility to work all shifts including holidays and weekends as demanded by the job.
- Must have a working knowledge of the following topics: using hand/power tools, precision alignment, rigging, pipefitting, welding, blueprint reading, mathematics, Preventive/Predictive Maintenance
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cushmanwakefield.com.