Website Martin Marietta
Mechanical Technician Job Highlights
|Location||New Braunfels, TX, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking a Mechanical Technician with strong mechanical skills to work with little or no supervision while performing complex maintenance on equipment necessary for the manufacturing of cement.
Mechanical Technician will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- College Degree (preferred)
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in heavy process equipment, preferably in the mineral processing industry, or a minimum of 6 months of experience in cement plant operations
- Inspect plant process machinery and provide recommendations for repair Install and repair plant process machinery and provide detailed written description of work performed
- Operate equipment such as boom lifts, cranes, forklifts, and other related mobile equipment
- Provide scope of work, parts requirements, and equipment requirements for repairs during both scheduled and unscheduled mill and kiln outages
- Perform other duties and special projects as required
- Ability to align couplings, motors, and gearboxes with indicators and other equipment
- Ability to be on call or work extended hours when required
- Ability to clean up the workplace after the job
- Ability to communicate through e-mails
- Ability to determine equipment conditions by visual observation and listening to its operation.
- Ability to do basic non-destructive testing/measurements such as thickness, mag particle, dye-penetrant, ultrasonic, etc.
- Ability to do mechanical assembly and fabrication.
- Ability to ensure good housekeeping in the shop and in the plant
- Ability to inspect and repair dust collectors
- Ability to lead and direct.
- Ability to lubricate equipment properly
- Ability to maintain and replace bearings
- Ability to operate maintenance trucks, forklifts, and man lifts (standard and automatic)
- Ability to participate in and deliver toolbox talks
- Ability to perform job safety risk assessments
- Ability to read and understand equipment manuals pertaining to operation, parts, maintenance, and assembly (schematics as needed)
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in the English language
- Ability to reason through difficult operations/maintenance problems, resolve said problems, or relate same to others
- Ability to rebuild gearboxes and other equipment
- Ability to remove and install guards and other equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to repair and rebuild plant equipment with little or no supervision viz. fans, blowers, pumps, elevators, crusher, clinker cooler, kiln, compressors, reclaimers, ball mills, vertical roller mills, air slides, gates, valves, coal mills, rail and truck loading equipment, air separators, FK pumps, air cannons, etc.
- Ability to splice conveyor belts; install idlers, tail pulleys, and all other parts needed in a belt conveyor
- Ability to use cell phone/other mobile devices to communicate
- Ability to use CMMS
- Ability to use tools such as impact plant wrenches up to 2” drive torque wrenches, hand and power tools, and sledge hammers up to 12 hours
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- Consistently good attitude and behavior
- Knowledge of all types of equipment used in the manufacturing of cement – preferred
- Knowledge of basic cement manufacturing process
- Knowledge of hazards associated with areas of responsibility
- Knowledge of store room and tool room procedures
- Knowledgeable of MSHA standards and requirements
- Must be able to exhibit competence in shielded arc welding and flame cutting
- Must be able to read gauges and keep accurate records of operating procedures and maintenance history
- Must be able to utilize various measuring devices (micrometers, square, level, etc.) including precision and specialized tools
- Must have excellent work ethic and safety record
- Must have knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems
- Must understand and comply with lock-out procedure and safety requirements
- Understanding of basic vibration measurement and trending
- Ability to work in tight areas to install and handle heavy parts (sideliners, slinger pans, and other equipment)
- Manually position crane-lifted parts and equipment. Physically lift up to 75 lbs. parts waist high for mounting into position
- May have exposure to dust, cement, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See MSDSs)
- Must be able to use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Must be able to work days or nights as required during equipment outages
- Must work outside in all weather conditions: heat, cold, dust, and wet a minimum of 8 hrs. per day.
- Walk/stand on uneven ground, walkways, and catwalks throughout the workday
- Work in high noise level areas while wearing proper PPE.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.