Mechanical Technician I Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Technician I|
|Location||Suwanee, GA, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
NSI-MI Technologies is the world leader in the design and delivery of state-of-the-art measurement systems used to verify the performance of cutting-edge microwave communications devices.
The company is seeking a Mechanical Technician I who will perform advanced mechanical and electrical assembly of various precision assemblies, mechanisms, and positioning systems.
The position involves the assembly and installation of a low volume, high technology, high variation product mix, produced in a project-driven build-to-order production working environment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of machine-building/assembly experience or a combination of applicable course work and job experience.
- Analyze assembly blueprints, schematics, and specification manuals, and assist with assembly, wiring, or machine building operations.
- Clean parts or components using hand tools and power tools.
- Creative approach to problem-solving and ability to exercise good judgment.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Fabrication of panels and structures, requiring material cutting, clamping, gluing, lifting, and painting.
- Fasten and install piping, fixtures, wiring, and electrical components to specifications.
- Fasten components or parts together, using hand tools, rivet guns, torque wrenches, and welding equipment.
- Inspect and test parts and accessories for leakage, defects, or functionality, using electronic, optical, and mechanical test equipment.
- Lay out, drill, ream, tap, and cut parts for assembly.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance per instructions and update checklists.
- Positions and aligns components for assembly, manually or utilizing various material handling tools and equipment.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Remove rough spots and finish surfaces to fit
- Rework, repair, and replace damaged parts or assemblies.
- Set and verifies clearance of parts.
- Set-up and installation of large bearings and slewing rings
- Verify conformance of parts to stock list and blueprints, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, micrometers, indicators, spinning lasers, and laser trackers.
- Work with little or no direct supervision in the field installation scenarios.
- Ability to manually lift/move up to 45 pounds.
- Advanced blueprint and schematic reading.
- Advanced knowledge of assembly tools and mechanical assembly techniques.
- Advanced mechanical troubleshooting and basic electrical troubleshooting skills
- Base level system operation.
- Capable of solo or leading a team on system field installations and baseline testing.
- Forklift, aerial device/elevated platform, and rigging certified.
- Highly accurate record-keeping skills.
- Working knowledge of laser alignment methods – spinning/tracker.
- Working knowledge of system-level mechanical testing.
- Working knowledge of z-mapping & correction, planar, cylindrical, and spherical alignment
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment. MIG and TIG Welding capabilities.
- Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical Engineering background desirable.
- Set up and operation of metalworking equipment such as milling, drilling, turning, and grinding machinery to shape or fabricate parts.
- Set-up, operation, and MDI of CNC machinery
- Must have the ability to obtain or have a U.S. Government security clearance.
- This position will require domestic and international travel, approximately 25% of the time.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit 188100.jobs2web.com.