Website Blue Origin
Mechanical Technician (Level I-III) Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Technician (Level I-III)|
|Location||Van Horn, TX, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and finding new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available.
The company is looking for a Mechanical Technician who will support the development, construction, operation, and maintenance of liquid rocket engine test facilities for various spaceflight systems.
- The applicants may be required to have a basic education i.e. High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 1 to 7 or more years of experience in a mechanical field, preferably related to rocket engine testing
- Experience with standard mechanical tools and shop fabrication equipment
- Demonstrate operational excellence in test stand procedure execution, particularly through reviewing, improving, and following test procedures and processes.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvements to promote workplace safety, achieve cost savings, and make test stand operations more streamlined and consistent.
- Rely on you to lead troubleshooting and maintenance of cryogenic fluid system components.
- Responsible for rocket engine test article integration and checkouts.
- Safely work with and around hazardous chemicals and high-pressure fluid systems.
- Share all aspects of liquid rocket engine testing from test facility construction to operation and maintenance, reporting to the test stand integration engineering supervisor.
- Working with engineers on planning and performing assembly for sophisticated test stand fluid systems, you will fabricate, install, and checkout tubing and piping systems, valves, sensors, and other components.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly on flight-critical hardware
- Experience in the operation, integration, or maintenance of propulsion test facilities or launch vehicles
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight-critical hardware
- Familiarity with tubing layout and fit-up; orbital tube welding a plus
- Mechanical knowledge of a wide variety of industry-standard low, medium, or high-pressure tubing and fittings, VJ lines, and components for both gaseous and cryogenic applications
- Proficiency working on and around high-pressure systems and pressurization panels
- Strong familiarity with a variety of rocket propellants, including Liquid Oxygen, Liquefied Natural Gas, and other cryogenics
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion
- Ability to support 8 days on, 6 days off work schedule, and either first or second shift operations
- Able to read and interpret drawings and schematics
- Capable of lifting up to 40 lbs., working in adverse weather conditions, and climbing stairs and ladders
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- The company offers medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4% company match.
- Paid Time Off – provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 11 holidays
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. § 1157-1158.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.