Mechanical Technician (Power Plant) Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Technician – Power Plant|
|Location||Montz, LA, United States|
Entergy is creating a cleaner, more resilient energy future for everyone with its diverse power generation portfolio, including increasingly carbon-free energy sources. The company is a recognized leader in corporate citizenship, delivering more than $100 million in economic benefits to local communities through philanthropy and advocacy efforts annually over the last several years.
The company is seeking a Mechanical Technician who will perform routine maintenance tasks and be available for unscheduled call-outs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
- The candidates should have at least 5 years of power plant operations or maintenance experience
- Applies to an understanding of the power plant system, starting and stopping equipment, isolating and restoring equipment for maintenance, and monitoring turbine generators and large pumps
- Ensures safety standards and practices are adhered to for the protection of personnel and equipment in accordance with Corporate, Environmental, Plant, and OSHA policies, procedures, and regulations
- Identify, troubleshoot and diagnose equipment problems
- Perform other maintenance multi-skill activities which include minor electrical, instrument, and controls work/inspection/repair
- The primary skill is a Journeyman Machinist/Millwright capable of operating machine tool equipment which includes a Bridgeport and lathe. Also responsible for performing large and small equipment alignment
- Welding may be required along with some other multi-skill activities. During unit outages, provide contractor management, quality control, cost management, and schedule management
- Familiar with the principles of operation of steam boilers, turbine-generators, motors, pumps, heaters, water chemistry equipment, and simple loop controls
- Journeyman level Machinist/Millwright is a primary skill (minimum 5 years, desired 10 years).
- Understanding of the principles of mechanical/electronic tools, instruments, controls, measuring devices, gauges, mechanical equipment, and piping systems
- Understanding the written and verbal communications, and basic writing skills. Understand and operate a personal computer
- Successful completion of the EEI POSS/MASS test
Entergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.entergy.com.