Website ITW Hartness
Mechanical Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Greenville, SC, United States|
ITW Hartness manufactures specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW has many businesses, divided into 7 Segments, which include welding, automotive OEM, food equipment group, construction products, polymers/fluids, test and measurement, electronics, and specialty.
The company is looking for a candidate with a strong ability to assemble, read blueprints, use mechanical skills, and use basic hand tools in a production environment.
- The applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or Equivalent qualification from a welding school.
- The candidates should have 1-3 years of Mechanical experience.
- Electrical Experience preferred
- Ability to travel 10-15% to Customer Sites as required
- Understanding of basic electricity and cable sizes
- Ability to troubleshoot and find the root cause of issues as well as think logically about solutions
- Ability to utilize an array of electrical toolings such as strippers, crimpers, and terminal torque wrenches
- Aptitude with machine diagnostics, functionality, and equipment testing
- Multitasking capability with the ability to identify and execute priority tasks
- Understand the inner working of pneumatic values
- You must be able to understand equipment assembly functions
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose problems and repair issues in an effective manner
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, electrical symbols, and electrical schematics
- Must be able to read and utilize calipers and a multimeter
- Capable of bending, twisting, crouching, or kneeling
- Capable of lifting 35 lbs.
- Capable of sitting in a car or plane for a certain amount of time
- Overtime may be required with short notice. Some weekend work may be required
- The ability to stand or walk for 8-10 hours a day
You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that include health, dental, life, and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.