Website Phillips Tank & Structure
Metal Fabrication Shop Laborer Job Highlights
|Title||Metal Fabrication Shop Laborer|
|Location||Braddock, PA, United States|
|Company||Phillips Tank & Structure|
Phillips Tank & Structure (PTS) specializes in providing the design, fabrication, and construction of above-ground storage tanks and other related steel and aluminum structures. The company has decades of experience in estimating, planning, and executing projects involving the construction and repair of tanks meeting the requirements of API 650, API 653, AWWA D100, and API 12D tank specifications.
Steel Valley Fabricators (Phillips Tank & Structure) is a full-service, custom metal fabrication shop with portable welding and installation capabilities.
The company (Steel Valley Fabricators) is looking for a Metal Fabrication Shop Laborer to join its team for shop needs.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess work-related experience (preferred, not required)
- Ability to use the following tools and equipment – non-power tools, including tape measures, squares, straight edges, levels, rasps, chalk lines, sledgehammers, hammers, come-a-longs, chain falls, inspection equipment, pry bars, wrenches, wire rope slings, shackles, hand wire brushes, and cribbing blocks. Power or pneumatic tools, including grinders, chipping and peening guns, wire brushes, saws, impact wrenches, jacks, hoists, and material handling equipment.
- Apply shop coatings to materials.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Check incoming and outgoing material deliveries with packing slips or lists and confirm quantities and lengths.
- Clean work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Erect and dismantle temporary scaffolding on job sites if needed.
- Hook-on or move material around the shop or field site by hand or with the assistance of a forklift or crane.
- Inspect, set up, use, break down, and rig equipment such as aerial work platforms, elevated work platforms, and staging on job sites if needed.
- Load and unload materials, equipment, and fabricated goods from trucks between staging areas and workstations.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety procedures.
- Operate forklifts, overhead cranes, and other material handling equipment.
- Perform basic safety checks and preventative maintenance functions on tools and equipment.
- Process paperwork associated with the above-listed tasks.
- Read cut sheets or drawings and operate saws to make cut-to-length material.
- Use grinder and other hand or power tools required to grind, bevel, or fit metals together, and remove burs or slag.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, brooms, scrapers, hand brushes, files, etc.
- Use safety equipment, including a hardhat, safety glasses with side shields, a full-body harness with a double lanyard, earplugs, respiratory protection, and gloves.
- Be able to pass welding tests for stick and flux core
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Be self-motivated and eager to learn and improve
- Be willing to authorize a background check
- Be willing to authorize motor vehicle driving record checks
- Be willing to submit to pre-hire, random, and post-incident drug and alcohol testing
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable, insured transportation
- Have an eye for quality and strong attention to detail
- Have good attendance and show up to work on time every day
- Have good communication skills
- Have no criminal convictions for dishonesty, sexual misconduct, serious violence, or acts of terrorism
- Have strong basic math and measuring skills
Field Work Requirements
- Be willing to travel in the tri-state area
- Be willing to work at elevated heights and in confined spaces
- Be willing to work in harsh weather conditions
- Competitive pay
- Fringe benefits Including 401K with employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision Benefits
- Opportunities for rapid advancement
- Two weeks (80 hours) of paid vacation per year
Phillips Tank & Structure (PTS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit phillipstankandstructure.applytojob.com.