Website Phillips Tank & Structure
Metal Fabrication Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Metal Fabrication Welder|
|Location||Braddock, PA, United States|
|Company||Phillips Tank & Structure|
Phillips Tank & Structure (PTS) specializes in providing the design, fabrication, and construction of above-ground storage tanks and other related steel and aluminum structures. The company has decades of experience in estimating, planning, and executing projects involving the construction and repair of tanks meeting the requirements of API 650, API 653, AWWA D100, and API 12D tank specifications.
Steel Valley Fabricators (Phillips Tank & Structure) is a full-service, custom metal fabrication shop with portable welding and installation capabilities.
The company (Steel Valley Fabricators) is searching for a Metal Fabrication Welder to join its team for shop needs.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess work-related experience (preferred, not required)
- Ability to use a variety of welding tools and equipment, power or pneumatic tools, lifting equipment, non-power tools, generators, compressors, etc.
- Align components using jigs, clamps, calipers, rulers, and other devices.
- Align, fit and tack steel shapes together utilizing temporary erection gear, fit-up gear, prybars, and sledgehammers.
- Assist with repairing machinery or equipment as needed by welding pieces and filling gaps.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Clean work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Erect and dismantle temporary scaffolding on job sites if needed.
- Inspect, set up, use, break down, and rig equipment such as aerial work platforms, elevated work platforms, and staging on job sites if needed.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety procedures.
- Operate tools and equipment to prepare the parts that must be welded together.
- Perform basic safety checks and preventative maintenance functions on tools and equipment.
- Perform certain non-destructive examination methods, including visual examination, dye penetrant tests, vacuum box tests, and magnetic particle tests.
- Process paperwork associated with the above-listed tasks.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Set up components for welding according to specifications and drawings.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws.
- Use safety equipment, including a hardhat, safety glasses with side shields, a full-body harness with a double lanyard, earplugs, respiratory protection, and gloves.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead).
- Be able to pass welding tests for stick and flux core
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Be willing to authorize the background check
- Be willing to authorize motor vehicle driving record checks
- Be willing to submit to pre-hire, random, and post-incident drug and alcohol testing
- Have good attendance and show up to work on time every day
- Have good communication skills
- Have no criminal convictions for dishonesty, sexual misconduct, violence, or acts of terrorism
- Have strong basic math and measuring skills
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable, insured transportation
- Competitive pay
- Fringe benefits Including 401K with employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision Benefits
- Opportunities for rapid advancement
- Two weeks (80 hours) of paid vacation per year
Phillips Tank & Structure (PTS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit phillipstankandstructure.applytojob.com.