Website Turner Construction Company
Metal Fabricator Fitter Job Highlights
|Location||Huntsville, AL, United States|
|Company||Turner Construction Company|
Turner Construction Company is an international construction services company. It is a leading builder in diverse and numerous market segments. The company also offers clients the support and accessibility of a local firm with the stability and resources of a multi-national organization.
The company requires the potential candidates to be responsible for fabricating and assembling miscellaneous metals for various project-related needs. They may also perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
- The applicants should possess a fabrication certificate from the related craft training program.
- They should have the ability to pass a pre-employment weld test (bend and or/ X-Ray)
The candidates should have had three (3) years of experience in a fabrication shop or similar environment.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Should possess strong math skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Able to comprehend safety instructions and signage, communicate effectively in emergency situations
- To understand written safety instructions from tool and equipment manufacturers
- Ability to travel and accommodate night and weekend work as needed
- Designs and constructs templates and fixtures
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision of Supervisor
- Fabricate and assemble sheet metal products
- Assist with the overall site safety and quality programs as required and ensuring trade employees/subcontractors’ compliance with Turner standards
- Locates and marks bending lines, drill centers, and cutting lines onto workpiece
- Develops layout and plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of geometry, stock allowances for thickness, machining, welding shrinkage, and physical properties of metal
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, and other employees
- Display a high level of integrity, teamwork, commitment, and leadership in daily operations
- Set up and operate machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer
- To operate various types of welding machines and supporting hand tools
- Weld stainless steel, carbon steel, and possibly other alloys in flat, vertical, or overhead welding positions
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
- Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications, using square, ruler, and measuring tape and holds team accountable to the same standard of quality control and accuracy.
- Utilize forklift, boom truck, or overhead crane to position materials for fabrications or to handle loading and unloading trucks and equipment.
A Valid Driver’s License is preferred.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer – females, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity.
Note: Reports to Shop Foreman, Shop or Project Manager, and Trades Manager
To apply for this job please visit turnerconstruction.csod.com.