Metal Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Hillsboro, OR, United States|
LAIKA is a stop-motion animation studio and home to a community of artists, storytellers, technicians, inventors, and craftspeople from around the world. At LAIKA, the films are born in the imagination, shaped into stories, and crafted by passionate artists who give life to unforgettable characters.
The company is looking for a metal fabricator who can be responsible for all aspects of metalwork and fabrication for production sets and mechanical items.
Normally, the prospective candidates should have passed a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent qualification from a welding school.
The candidates should have 3+ years of experience in metal fabrication.
- Assist with the lost wax casting process.
- QC and finish processers of weldments and machined parts.
- Keep supervisors informed of all activities, problems, and issues arising.
- Fabricate portions of the set, motion control apparatuses, rigging components, and accessories for general production use, under tight deadlines while maintaining a high standard of fabrication.
- Work with artists across departments as necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Responsible for the maintenance and care of all welding equipment and tooling.
- Use power/welding tools for assigned metalwork and fabrication tasks while adhering to safety standards.
- Work within schedules and deadlines set by supervisors in order to meet production targets.
- Ability to read design drawings
- Aesthetic sense with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to adjust and balance workload as priorities change
- Understanding of mechanical design, shop math, materials, and shop safety
- Knowledge of equipment including a laser cutter, welders (MIG and TIG), water jet, plasma cutter, drill press, cold saw, mill, lathe, and a variety of hand tools used in mechanical and metal fabrication.
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
LAIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.laika.com.