Metal Finisher Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Brooklyn Park, MN, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is looking for a Metal Finisher to join its team for manufacturing and supply chain needs.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess experience with basic fabrication hand tools and equipment (i.e. grinder, chisel, taps, no-go gauges, welder)
- Experience with cutting torches
- Heavy crane equipment experience
- Safely load and unload material on the burn tables, remove slag from parts, grind bevels to print, check tolerances with no-go gauges and identify parts with SAP transfer tags.
- Regularly be responsible for keeping tables loaded for the operator to run nesting programs, finish parts to print using hand tools and grinders, and deliver plate steel to machine tables following the production nesting schedules.
- To be trained to utilize cranes and powered industrial equipment to move material within work areas.
- Consistently take initiative to identify, document, communicate, and correct problems related to fabrication, report discrepancies, and recommend solutions.
- Ability to read standard work, prints, and write continuous improvement cards
- Ability to utilize computers for production transactions
- Understanding of the metric measurement systems
- Be self-motivated
- Climb on equipment, machines, ladders, and various step stools, and operate overhead cranes, jib cranes, and hoists
- Exposure to magnets that may impact medical devices
- Exposure to welding fumes
- Lift up to 35 lbs. frequently
- Noise levels of 85 dB or greater
- Repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling rotating, and use of fine motor skills
- Stand for a minimum of 8-hour shifts with minimal breaks
- Work at multiple heights
- Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting and forward head, and rotation of the neck.
- Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
- Use of hand tools including welder, grinder, air tools, pliers, reamers, etc.
- The company offers a total rewards package that provides day-one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based on the hire date). Day one eligibility- must complete benefits information during orientation.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.