Metal Fitter Tacker C Job Highlights
|Metal Fitter Tacker C
|Burbank, CA, United States
Senior is an international, market-leading, engineering solutions provider. The company designs and manufactures high-technology components and systems for the principal original equipment manufacturers in the worldwide aerospace, defense, land vehicle, and power and energy markets.
Senior Aerospace SSP is the leader in innovative design and manufacturing methods in the area of complex aerospace systems.
The company is searching for a Metal Fitter Tacker C who will set up and fit detailed parts on aircraft, aerospace, and similar assemblies.
Performs hand grinding, expanding, and hand fitting to blueprint dimensions for heliarc tacking, welding, or resistance welding.
- High School Degree or GED
- 3-6 months of related or training
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Assists higher classified workers as required
- Follow all Senior policies and procedures
- Maintain a minimum output of 65%
- Maintain minimum product quality acceptance of 90%
- Performs rework, repair, and other associated operations relating to the work described
- Performs such typical operations as aligning machined details or stampings preparatory to welding operations
- Sets up single jobs in assembly jigs for welding
- Trims, scribes, files or grinds parts to templates or scribed lines
- Other duties as assigned
- Tacking Certificate
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Also, one must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Have knowledge of the forming characteristics of metals and their reactions when heat is applied.
- Ability to apply a general sense of understanding to carry out detailed, written and oral instructions.
- Also, ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Set up and operate metal expander, hand or pedestal grinder, and large or small band saw.
- Emery cloth, clamps, cleaning solvent, welding gases, ferrous and non-ferrous metals and their alloys in the form of sheet tubular stock, and machined and formed parts.
- Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, U.S. refugees, asylees or temporary residents under amnesty provisions [as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)] and properly licensed foreign persons.
- Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
- Additionally, potential employee’s names will be screened against the Consolidated Screening List (maintained by the United States government) to determine eligibility to receive technical data.
- The company offers a competitive compensation package that includes a market-led base salary, a comprehensive benefits package along with wellness benefits, a matching 401K plan, and paid time off.
Senior is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All eligible applicants are considered regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.seniorplc.com.