Website Chevron Phillips Chemical
Metal Trades Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Metal Trades Mechanic|
|Location||Port Arthur, TX, United States|
|Company||Chevron Phillips Chemical Company|
Chevron Phillips Chemical is one of the world’s top producers of olefins and polyolefins and a leading supplier of aromatics, alpha olefins, styrenics, specialty chemicals, plastic piping, and polymer resins.
The company is hiring a Metal Trades Mechanic who will be a safety leader and, as such, serve as an advocate for safe work and housekeeping practices, will possess basic computer skills, will be a self-starter/self-motivator, and will be capable of working and communicating effectively with others.
This position offers the opportunity to work in a team environment, working closely with other departments, customers, and peers as necessary to ensure they are provided with accurate, complete, thorough, and error-free maintenance services.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates must have at least 3 years of experience as a Pipefitter Mechanic in the refining or chemical process industry.
- Basic rigging techniques and hand signals for crane operation.
- Being an advocate for safety.
- Employees in this position may be required to work at heights in excess of 200 feet and within confined spaces.
- Install, maintain, or repair furnace burners.
- Install, maintain, or repair steel structures including platforms, handrails, fixed ladders, pipe racks, and support systems.
- Installation and testing of new piping systems and pipe components as well as maintaining, repairing, and testing of existing piping systems.
- Participate in job safety analysis (JSA’s), safety audits, and investigations.
- Perform threaded, welded/flanged pipe fit-ups, installation/removal of the piping system, and equipment isolation blinds.
- Must be a self-starter/self-motivator and be capable of working and communicating effectively with others.
- Must be able to read P&ID’s.
- Must be able to work overtime, including nights and weekends, when required.
- Must be proficient in creating and using isometric piping drawings.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of tower and exchanger repairs.
- NCCER Certified Plus for Pipefitting.
- NCCER Pipefitting certification.
- 9/80 work schedule at many locations
- Bonus program up to 14 percent annually
- Competitive total compensation packages
- Education scholarships for dependents
- Educational assistance and tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program and behavioral health plan
- Flexible work arrangements including telecommuting, part-time work, and personal leave policies for qualified employees
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance, long-term disability, supplemental life, accidental death and personal loss (ADPL) insurance, and dependent life insurance
- Matching 401(k) and profit-sharing
- Matching charitable gifts for education and cultural organizations
- Medical, dental, prescription drug coverage, and vision discount plan
- Merit and immediate rewards programs
- Pension plan
- Personal days to help you navigate obligations such as childcare or caring for elderly parents
- Relocation assistance
- Service awards
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cpchem.com.