Website Ford Motor Company
Metallurgical and Materials Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Metallurgical and Materials Manufacturing Engineer|
|Location||Livonia, MI, United States|
|Company||Ford Motor Company|
Ford Motor Company is a global company with shared ideals and a deep sense of family. It creates transportation solutions built to improve people’s lives. The innovative products, accessories, experiences, and services are designed and produced across six continents.
The company is seeking an individual to join its manufacturing team. The position will help to build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor of Science in Materials Science Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering from a college or university.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with three or more years of applied experience in metallurgy or material science
- The candidates should have 3 or more years of applied experience in metallurgy or material science
- Act as Metallurgical Laboratory Engineer in handling the following – failure analysis of metallic driveline components; generating written reports and documentation of findings; assisting with gear prototyping via material analysis and approval; assisting with capability studies of metallurgical processes, supporting manufacturing teams to achieve product specifications and program deliverables; helping with resolutions of manufacturing problems and challenges (tool life, residual stress, vendor support).
- Act as Vendor support for Metallurgical Engineering related issues
- Ability to travel, work overtime, and holidays when required
- Assist component Product Development Engineers on Metallurgical Engineering related issues
- Interact and advise Product Development engineers on material and heat treat process selection and/or specifications of metallic components
- Lead Product Development Engineer for driveline metallic components – print approval; authorship and maintenance of applicable Materials Specifications; representation of Metallurgical Engineering at CPMTs
- Manage metallurgical equipment specification, design, build, installation, and launch including low-pressure carburization furnaces, atmospheric carburization furnaces, induction hardening equipment, shot peening equipment, and associated material handling plus metallurgical and materials analysis laboratories and equipment.
- Provide assistance with prototype part and process development for materials and metallurgical processes (carburizing, induction hardening, laser welding, shot peening, polymer coatings, etc.)
- Run SREA review and approval for Metallurgical Engineering related issues
- Work within multi-functional teams to achieve program targets relating to material cost reductions
- Demonstrated background in metallic components (ferrous, non-ferrous, powdered metals)
- Demonstrated experience in completing tasks and objectives
- Experience working in a manufacturing plant environment
- Knowledge and experience in part failure analysis
- Prior Product Development experience is a benefit
- Proven experience with statistical tools; 6 Sigma experience is a benefit
- Self-motivated and proven problem-solving ability
- Strong background in metallurgical processing (steel making, casting, forging, heat treatment, etc.)
- Strong desire to achieve quality results
- Strong planning, desktop computer, and interpersonal communication skills
- Generous PTO Plan
- Incentive compensation
- Professional/personal growth opportunities
- Retirement plan
- Savings and stock investment plan
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.