Website American Honda Motor Company
Metallurgical Engineer (Materials Engineer) Job Highlights
|Title||Metallurgical Engineer (Materials Engineer)|
|Location||Anna, OH, United States|
|Company||American Honda Motor Company|
American Honda Motor Company is a subsidiary of Honda Motor Company. The company combines product sales, service, and coordinating functions of Honda in North America.
The company is responsible for the distribution, marketing, and sales of Honda and Acura brand automobiles, Honda power sports products, including motorcycles, scooters, and all-terrain vehicles, and Honda power equipment products, including lawnmowers, tillers, string trimmers, snow blowers, generators, small-displacement general-purpose engines, and marine outboard engines.
The company is recruiting a Metallurgical Engineer who will lead/support the investigation of moderately complex quality problems/change points for internal and external customers through metallurgical evaluation including testing, failure analysis, material confirmation, or other material-related items.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science, Metallurgical, Or Welding Engineering from a college/university.
- The candidates should have 3 years of experience in quality, manufacturing, or material analysis (heat treat, casting, welding, failure analysis, or related lab environment)
- Ability to communicate with customers and outside departments, and other regions
- Coordinate and lead plant-wide projects to identify Q concerns and establish a team and set plans to investigate Q concerns
- Establish and carry out analysis plans on powertrain problems, by utilizing engineering theory/experience and interfacing with functional experts and other department representatives for coordination of schedules and activities
- Evaluate the functional impact of the manufacturing process and/or specification variations
- Manage/participate in investigations for quality problems to determine responsibility, root cause, and countermeasure through failure analysis of engine components and assemblies
- Summarization and presentation of analysis results to all levels of the organization and other Honda divisions
- Support/advise/mentor/lead other associates on problem analysis projects
- Using engineering analysis and data collection to assure material conformance to spec and causes of product failure
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- Annual Bonus
- Competitive total compensation
- Development to further your career
- Discount on Honda products
- Flexible and valuable insurance plans
- Onsite automobile service center and wellness center
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
American Honda Motor Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit hondana.taleo.net.