Metallurgical Lab Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Metallurgical Lab Technician|
|Location||Rumford, RI, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and reliably.
The company is seeking a Metallurgical Lab Technician who will be responsible for the performance of laboratory duties in metallurgical analyses, according to assignments that require the ability to interpret, adapt and apply predetermined Company standards in metallurgical analyses of production hardware.
Ascertains that all raw materials and heat-treated parts conform to Company specifications and NADCAP standards.
Heavy emphasis is placed on heat treatment processes, heat treatment equipment, welding certifications, and metal certification.
- The applicants should have an Associate’s Degree in a technical field from a college/university or Military experience
- Possess a minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- Assist Quality team on a broad range of general quality programs providing assistance on metallurgical and chemical phrases of programs.
- Audit quality of heat treating, welding, or other special processing operations to performance standards. Check material for quality standards, e.g., hardness, structure, and soundness, in relation to conformity with applicable specifications.
- Check product and material for quality standards, e.g., hardness, structure, and soundness, in relation to conformity with applicable specifications.
- Conduct continuous liaison with heat treat sources to assure maintenance of quality standards of heat-treated parts.
- Confer with vendors and laboratories to supply metallurgical services relative to quality, specifications, and other like matters.
- Coordinate Quality Control activities related to Metallurgical, Chemical, or Physical Testing with other departments, e.g., Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Production to promote the best interests of the Company as regards quality and efficiency.
- Perform metallurgical inspection of materials returned in conjunction with customer complaints to determine the need for material improvement and justification of warranty claims.
- Sign off for approval of job instruction sheets for the heat treatment or other special processing of parts or materials.
- Analysis and problem-solving skills to determine the root cause and assist in obtaining corrective actions.
- Aptitude in the use of hand tools for mechanical assembly and test apparatus and devices to be built and tested.
- Basic understanding of physical metallurgy for ferrous material
- Experience working in a metallurgy or plating department
- Heat treat furnace qualifications knowledge – SAT and TUS
- Heavy emphasis is placed on heat treatment processes, heat treatment equipment, welding certifications, and metal certification
- Knowledge of the following tools Microsoft Office, CAD Software familiarity
- Knowledge of NADCAP, ISO, AS9100, and plating processes
- Skill in the use of computers for test documentation and analysis. Able to use programming skills to develop automated instrument control and data acquisition programs. (i.e. LabView)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Rumford, RI facility will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.