Website Ford Motor Company
Metallurgist Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Metallurgist Quality Engineer|
|Location||Sterling, MI, United States|
|Company||Ford Motor Company|
Ford Motor Company is a global company with shared ideals and a deep sense of family. It creates transportation solutions built to improve people’s lives. The innovative products, accessories, experiences, and services are designed and produced across six continents.
The company is seeking a Metallurgist Quality Engineer who will help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects.
The applicants should be diligent, determined performers who think creatively to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Materials Sciences Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering or currently pursue and received by the time.
- The candidates should have previous experience with Metallurgical Engineering.
- Aid in problem resolution of manufacturing problems and challenges (tool life, residual stress, vendor support)
- Assist with capability studies of metallurgical processes, supporting manufacturing teams to achieve product specifications and program deliverables
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to achieve program targets relating to material cost reductions
- Conduct heat treat and weld auditing on behalf of the plant
- Failure analysis of metallic driveline components
- Generation of written reports and documentation of subsequent findings
- Provide support with gear prototyping via material analysis and approval
- Sectioning and analyzing weld penetration/properties
- Sectioning and preparing samples for microstructure analysis and hardness
- SREA review and approval for Metallurgical Engineering related issues
- Support plant heat treat and welding operations
- Work overtime and holidays if the need arises
- Demonstrated background in metallic components (ferrous, non-ferrous, powdered metals)
- Demonstrated experience in completing tasks and objectives
- Excellent communication, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Experience with Six Sigma experience
- Knowledge and experience in part failure analysis
- Knowledge and experience with statistical tools
- Previous Product Development experience is a benefit
- Strong background in metallurgical processing (steel making, casting, forging, heat treatment, etc.)
- Validated strong planning and interpersonal communication skills
- Generous PTO Plan
- Incentive compensation
- Professional/personal growth opportunities and recognition
- Retirement plan
- Savings and stock investment plan
- Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.