Website Linamar Corporation
Metallurgical Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Arden, NC, United States|
Linamar Corporation is a diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products powering vehicles, motion, work, and lives. The company is made up of 2 operating segments i.e. the Transportation segment and the Industrial segment, all are world leaders in the design, development, and production of highly engineered products.
The company is looking for a Metallurgist Tech who will be responsible for ensuring customer and company metallurgical quality standards are met.
Additional responsibilities include serving as a resource person for employees and customers and facilitating the process of continuous improvement on the shop floor.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a minimum 3 years in an Automotive Manufacturing environment or related experience
- Experience in heat treatment operations or welding
- Experience in quality assurance
- Experience working with metallurgical laboratory equipment
- Compare production data against quality control test values.
- Evaluate the quality of raw material test samples and field data.
- Evaluate welded components
- Evaluation of material microstructures before and after heat treatment.
- Keeping equipment and laboratory in working order.
- Keeping records of measurements in order.
- Metallurgical sample preparation and measurement of micro and macro hardness characteristics.
- Provide information and guidance to staff members.
- Use of cutting saw to prepare samples for metallurgical evaluation.
- Work with machine shop metal working tools to extract samples for further preparation.
- Other duties are assigned as needed.
- Ability to interpret microstructures of ferrous and nonferrous materials.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Ability to use a cutting saw to prepare samples for metallurgical evaluation
- Able to decide which methods to use to prepare samples for analysis.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel).
- Learn through courses offered by technical institutes, colleges, and universities and through in-house workshops offered by the company
- Ability to delegate tasks and provide information and guidance to staff members under their supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with engineers, other technologists, technicians, and other staff on the same project.
- Discounts to vendors, including auto supplier discounts
- Excellent benefit package
- Opportunities for career advancement
Linamar Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in the workplace without regard to any basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit fa-epmd-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.