Website Louis Industries
Mig/Tig Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Paynesville, MN, United States|
Louis Industries is a sheet metal fabricator and steel distributor using state-of-the-art technology to manufacture quality parts.
The company is seeking a Mig/Tig Welder who will be responsible for production welding a variety of assemblies, and setup, operating, and light maintenance of production equipment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years of welding experience
- Welding AAS Degree, Diploma, or Certificate
- 5+ years of welding experience
- Forklift Certification
- Knowledge and experience working in a manufacturing/production environment
- Handle assorted raw materials, steel parts, and steel scrap.
- Maintain work area and production equipment in clean and orderly condition. Follow all safety work rules.
- On occasion, cross-train and operate some or all of the following production equipment: welding robot, press brake, spot welder, turret, rivet gun, Stud gun, and sander.
- Operate small electric/air hand tools.
- Participate in and support continuous process improvements.
- Perform incoming inspection, sorting, and receiving of bar stock, pipe, rod material, and welding supplies.
- Perform light maintenance on plant equipment where needed; i.e., startup/shutdown, maintain inspection records, and keep the work environment clean.
- Perform work in a manner that all products conform to prescribed quality standards.
- Safely operate a forklift to load and unload raw materials and completed parts.
- Use and understand online ERP systems for data collection, work instructions, routers, and prints.
- Work from instructions and prints to arrange parts into welding fixtures, clamp pieces into position and tack weld or apply finished weld. Select proper equipment, and set voltage and wire feed settings to obtain proper strength and appearance.
- Other duties may be assigned that pertain to the classification.
- Ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with personnel and read and interpret documents, such as welding blueprints
- Ability to safely and effectively operate welding and fabrication equipment
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Proficient with mathematical calculations and the use of measuring devices
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and overhead work.
- Exposure to fumes, glare, and radiation of arc
- Occasionally required to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds.
- 401k match
- Annual and quarterly bonus
- Boot allowance
- Dental insurance
- Dependent daycare flex spending
- Employee referral bonus
- Health insurance
- HSA match
- Life insurance
- Paid uniforms
- Prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Short term disability
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Vacation pay
- Holiday pay
- Vision insurance
- Weld helmet allowance
Louis Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.louisind.com.