Website Stanley Black & Decker
Mig Welder (Vidmar) Job Highlights
|Location||Allentown, PA, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access, and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is recruiting a Mig Welder to join its team.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to attain MIG welding certification, current certification (desired but not required)
- Abide by all Safety regulations and policies
- Assemble and weld various components to meet appropriate quality and production standards
- Check and inspect all parts
- Check welds for strength
- Meet all production standards and efficiencies focusing on Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost based on current routings/times
- Move finished assemblies to the appropriate area
- Must be able to perform quality welds to steel or aluminum components and meet all code requirements on welds
- Must be willing to work outside of your current Job Classification and Department as qualified and needed
- Must complete First Piece Inspection protocol and related paperwork
- Must wear all required PPE for any task/job currently being performed
- Operate all necessary equipment to assemble and weld components
- Perform daily housekeeping tasks. Help maintain 5S standards in your work location and a whole department
- Perform quality checks of parts as needed including effective use of calipers, micrometers, and functional gauges
- Read blueprints to determine components that must be welded and the number of welds needed
- Sand and grind welds as needed to meet appropriate quality and production standards
- Select the appropriate weld setting to obtain a quality weld
- Self-sufficient in start-up and shutdown equipment procedures
- Work with other employees to complete assemblies on multiple-person operations
- Able to accurately read blueprints
- Able to identify all components needed to complete assemblies
- Basic mathematical abilities (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Basic mechanical abilities
- Desire to learn new skills and improve knowledge
- Organizational and communication skills
- Strong orientation toward-
Safety, quality, and continuous improvement demonstrated by a work history of safe performance, accuracy and attention to detail in the work performed, constructive problem solving and suggestions for improvement, ability to effectively implement or respond to change, punctuality, and consistent work attendance
- Able to frequently walk, reach, push, and pull
- Able to grasp continuously
- Able to lift, push, or pull up to 33 lbs. individually and up to 66 lbs. as a team
- Able to stand continuously for 8 to 10 hours daily
- Must be able and willing to work daily and weekly overtime as required
- Will be working in a manufacturing plant with varying climate
- The benefits plan includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, retirement benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays/personal days, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products as well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sbdinc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.