Website Multi-Fab Products
MIG Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Menomonee Falls, WI, United States|
Multi-Fab Products is a manufacturer and distributor of service parts and replacement equipment for the loading dock industry and serving all major brands.
The company is looking for a welder who can weld metal components from machined parts or steel stock for dock boards and service parts with electric are-welding equipment (Miller Welding Machine) as specified by layout, welding diagram, or work orders.
- The prospective candidates should have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education (program) and experience.
- AWS or trade school certifications are beneficial
- The candidates should have 1 to 3 months of related experience and/or training.
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag, or spatter
- Cleans or degreases parts
- Complete work order paperwork and bills of lading
- Conduct assembly of subcomponent parts
- Conduct housekeeping to keep area clean and organized
- Conduct torch and plasma cutting
- Conducts visual quality inspection of completed parts
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse as specified
- Develop and implement quality process and cost reduction improvements
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Lays out, positions, and tack welds workpieces
- Manually guides electrode gun along weld line, maintaining the length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead as judged from color of metal, the sound of weld, and size of molten puddle
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through a portable welding gun
- Operate fork trucks and man lift to load, unload material off of semi’s and move material and finished parts to the proper storage location
- Positions parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamps parts together along with layout marks
- Read blueprints
- Repairs the broken or cracked metal objects, fill holes and builds up metal parts
- Starts power supply to produce an electric current
- Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of a workpiece
- Utilize chain hoists to move heavy material
- Utilize files and hand tools
- Utilize measuring equipment such as veneer’s, calipers, and rulers
- Utilizes drill press, Ellis saw, Bridgeport milling machines, lathes, Metal Muncher (sheer/bend/flatten), and Iron Worker (cut/punch/bend) equipment to fabricate parts.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions
- $500 Sign on Bonus – It will be given after 6-months of service (subject to the terms of the program)
- Additional benefits – Health, dental, vision, short/long term disability, voluntary life, 401K Plan, and more!
- Company Paid – Vacations, personal/sick time following 60 days of employment, life insurance, holidays, volunteer time, discretionary bonuses/profit sharing, holiday party, summer cookouts, chili cook-offs plus a host of other company-paid events.
Multi-Fab Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.multi-fab.com.