Website Martinrea International
MIG Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Riverside, MO, United States|
Martinrea International is a diversified global automotive supplier, focused on accelerating innovation in metal forming, aluminum casting, fluid systems, and flexible assemblies to help automakers meet their lightweight requirements. At the same time, it improves a vehicle the overall strength, safety, and fuel efficiency.
The company is searching for a MIG Welder who will be responsible for ensuring Martinrea and Customer quality requirements are met while welding materials into parts.
- Applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Must have a current AWS Certificate
- Manual GMAW experience
- Fundamental understanding of NDE techniques
- Working experience with industrial robots
- Sound understanding of Welding Metallurgy
- Sound understanding of Gas Metal Arc Welding, Projection, and Resistance Welding
- Perform all duties and promote them in a manner that reflects the Martinrea Expectations, through Martinrea Employee Charter.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost-reduction activities.
- Support the WECs on new and existing programs
- Support Buy offs when required
- Keep the product cleaned up in quarantine
- Establish, maintain, and implement welding parameters to support production and Quality Assurance
- Conducts weld inspection and analyzes weld data, generates reports
- Assist with Robotic weld touchups
- Archiving and maintaining the Paxit system
- Be dedicated to generating and or assisting in PPAP packages when required
- Maintain a sound understanding of customers’ product and engineering specifications
- Participate in problem-solving activities
- Participate in Product, System, and Process Audits as required
- Assist in the training of production personnel in all quality requirements when required
- Attend and or Champion quality meetings when requested
- Provide support to all Departments for weld-related issues
- Cover for the other Technicians if he/she is absent
- Generating and upkeep of the Weld Set up Instructions, Weld Inspection Records, and Weld Length records
- Ability to work well in a team environment or individually
- Audit and approve Special Material Requests and rework material when required
- Initiate and coordinate problem reports and containments
- Buy off of the First-off/Mid-off processes, and set up verifications to ensure it is being done correctly
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to achieve results
- Take initiative to follow through on the completion of tasks/projects, PMRs, and CIPs
- Abide by all Company policies including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Compliance with Company policies concerning applicable laws
- Ability to work well with fellow team members and promote the “Team” concept
- Basic Computer skills
- Basic knowledge and use of measuring equipment
- Basic knowledge of ISO/TS 16949:2002 an asset
- Basic understanding of CMM
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to work shifts and be flexible (including overtime on short notice)
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of Core Skills and basic GD&T
- Both office setting and production environment
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and management
- Flexible hours as required
- Ability to be present on the production floor on a daily basis
- Ability to work on a computer for long periods of time
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies, and procedures
Martinrea International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit martinrea.prevueaps.com.