Website Spudnik Equipment Company
MIG Welder Job Highlights
|Blackfoot, ID, United States
|Spudnik Equipment Company
Spudnik Equipment Company provides agricultural machinery. The company also offers used machinery and equipment and their parts and services.
The company is looking for a Welder who will be responsible for fitting and welding structural and component parts used in the manufacture of agricultural equipment.
The Welder will use mechanical drawings and verbal instructions to produce required equipment according to production timelines.
The Welder will correctly set up and operate a welding machine to perform high-quality welds.
The Welder will complete final inspections of fitted components and welds prior to releasing them to the downline customers to ensure the highest quality product is being delivered.
The Welder will demonstrate a high level of responsibility and accountability while working effectively and efficiently.
- The aspiring candidates may be required a High School Diploma or GED, or Equivalent
- The candidates should have either training in welding or experience in production welding.
- Actively work with internal and external customers to identify and solve problems.
- Become a technical expert for products manufactured and be a top performer in workmanship, safety, and work ethics
- Coordinate with Lead Person to identify and requisition parts and materials needed to complete assigned job
- Fit and weld frames and component parts per drawings and customer orders in accordance with the timelines identified in the build plan
- Keep and maintain accurate production records using timesheets and other methods identified by Supervisor
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on welding machine and associated equipment
- Produce high strength, visually appealing, structurally sound welds required for equipment manufacturing
- Safely operate material handling equipment such as forklift and overhead crane
- Understand the definition of quality and know the measurements for determining quality products
- Fill in during team member absence
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work environment
- Promote the company’s core values; integrity, respect, commitment, quality, innovation.
- Work in a team environment with little or no supervision
- Ability to cut and fabricate detailed parts as required
- Ability to read and interpret instructional drawings and schematics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Proficiency in basic shop math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Proficient in all types of measuring tools as required (tape measures, squares, protractors, etc.)
- Understanding of welding and manufacturing shop safety and possible hazards
- Well-developed knowledge of equipment, parts, systems, tools, and machinery required in the production of welded components
- Other machines and equipment are specific to departmental or facility needs.
- Welding machine, band saw, drill press, overhead crane, shear, grinder, hand drill, forklift, etc.
- Balancing, Climbing, Crawling
- Crouching, Feeling, Grasping
- Handling, Hearing, Kneeling
- Lifting (Up to 50 lbs), Pulling
- Pushing, Reaching, Repetitive Motions
- Small Motor Skills, Standing, Stooping
- Talking, Visual Acuity, Walking
- Workers are subject to inside environmental conditions.
- May have temperature changes due to working inside a shop.
- There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding, and high places.
- One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dust mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- There is air and or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
Spudnik Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: Spudnik is a drug-free workplace.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jobscore.com.